Saturday, August 31, 2013

Paper Sweeties Design Challenge - September

Happy September!  I hope you are all enjoying the Labor Day Holiday!  It's sort of the last hurrah of Summer isn't it?    It's the beginning of a new month means and that means a new challenge at the Paper Sweeties blog!  You have an entire month to play along using your favorite Paper Sweeties Stamps and who knows?  You might be our next Guest Designer or even win some free Paper Sweeties Stamps!  I love seeing all the different and creative ways to use my stamps on all sorts of projects.


Here's this months sketch!  I decided to make a wedding card with the "Wedding Day" set.  This is one of my favorites for it's clean graphic images - and no coloring required.  I hope I'm not committing a fashion faux pas - remember when you had to put away your white after Labor Day?  I layered a framed wedding couple silhouette image in a fancy frame on a crisp embossed background and then added some pretty trims and flowers. White on white is so elegant and the black and white image just adds to the drama - so perfect for a wedding day!  

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.  If you need a little inspiration check out projects from the rest of the design team!


Have a great day!  See you over at Paper Sweeties!!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties Wedding Day
Dies:  Memory Box Victorian Frame
Embossing Folder Darice Large Petal (THANKS TAMMY!)
Roses:  Iamroses.com
Ribbon:  5/8" Sheer White Ruffle Edge Organza, 1/4" Polka Dot Grosgrain May Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Gems:  K & Co. 

8 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So lovely...so sweet...I just love this wedding set, that bride and groom are just beautiful.

Pauline said...

So beautiful Jeanne, I love this white on white theme, and the happy couple is such a beautiful image!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh Jeanne, this is stunning! I love your approach to the sketch! Gorgeous!

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jeanne! This wedding card couldn't be any more lovelier! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous wedding card! I love all the white! The silhouette is beautiful and the embossing, die cut & roses make a perfect frame!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Jeanne, so elegant.

Marybeth said...

What a gorgeous wedding card! I agree very elegant....did you see who the GD is this month? ;)

Jill Norwood said...

Oh Jeanne - this is just gorgeous! I love this set and think it is so sweet for Weddings! Love the frame and the roses and just EVERYTHING!