Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Ribbon Reel #59 Chevrons & Flowers

Did you have a good weekend?  I had a little time alone - the boys went fishing, my daughter was working and so it was just me!  I have to admit I turned off the computer for some serious quiet time and I got so much done.  I did some "back to school" shopping - my son needed new running shoes, and we talked a bit about having a "pasta party" for the team.   

It's time for another two week challenge from the Ribbon Reel.  This one was chosen by Michele Bala and wow is it ever a good one!  I love how trendy it is with the chevrons that are so popular right now.  And who doesn't have a flower stamp??  You are instructed to use the colors in the photo include chevrons, flowers and ribbon.  I practically replicated the inspiration photo - but you don' t have to - let it inspire you with the color or pattern.  I am so glad I finally got to play around with this flower set from PTI.  I bought it a while ago and hadn't had a chance to get it inky yet.  It was lots of fun dipping into the different colors and figuring out which ones I wanted to layer and the different combinations for the flower centers. 
I used this pretty sheer, ruffle edge black ribbon from May Arts.  It is 5/8" and so easy to tie in a bow because it's sheer and not bulky.
If you need a little more inspiration check out what the rest of the design team did.  

Sarah Ingle

I hope I see you at The Ribbon Reel!  Have a great day!





Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Happiness In Bloom, Think Big Favorites #19
Dies:  PTI Happiness in Bloom, Chevron Stripes
Pearls, Gem: Recollections
Ribbon:  5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Black May Arts (Ribbon Reel)
Card Stock:  PTI White, True Black
Ink:  Memento Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Love Letter, Morocco, Versafine Onyx Black

7 comments:

Petti said...

very bold colour! pretty card!

~Tammy~ said...

When I saw this I just gasped! I love love your take on the inspiration photo!

Sounds like you had a productive weekend!

Renee said...

Well...
I've been busy and I think you know with what ;)...
but OMGoodness...
you spent your time very creatively...
this is stunning!!
Love that inspiration pic...
so bold and gorgeous...
and your take on it is perfection! :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love those really colorful flowers against the black/white chevrons...this is very striking...love it Jeanne.

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration...phew...spelled those right, LOL!! Love the black chevron and those fab flowers!! I've never played at TRR but, maybe this will kick start me!! Gorgeous!!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love those bright and cheerful flowers against your black chevron background, just beautiful.

Joyce said...

I just love this. Your chevrons are so bold, and those flowers are just gorgeous. I think this is one of the few PTI flower sets I don't own--and I can't figure out why. I love how you snuck in your trademark Jeanne bow, too.