Thursday, August 15, 2013

CASE Study Challenge - Happy Hello!

A happy hello to you my friends!  I hope you are having a beautiful day!  It sounds strange to say but it really feels like fall here in the Midwest.  The weather has been cooler lately - going down to the 50's at night and my son is back in school.  Cross country season is starting up and I'm looking forward to going to the races and sitting outside in my lawn chair!  We always make an event of it - a blanket for the dog and a cooler full of little snacks to much on while we are cheering on our favorite team!  Oh and can't forget something to read or a sketch pad!

There's a new challenge at CASE Study posted today.  Our muse this month is Jennifer McGuire of Jennifer McGuire Ink!  I'm really enjoying all the colorful inspiration!  I didn't have to look hard to find something I love about this design either.  I'm loving the die cut foliage and the pearl embellishments.  So now how to make it my own.  I had to do a little digging through my arsenal of die cuts to think of something I could dress up with my own embellishments.  I settled on this bird cage and bird with some die cut foliage of my own.  I embellished it with flower buttons with pearl centers.  I kept with the same color scheme Jennifer used too. 
Check out the designs from the rest of the CASE Study team - just click on their names here.  And our special guest DT member this month is Kimberly Wiener, from Wienerhoneymooners!!

I'm also posting this on the Poppystamps blog.  I can't wait to see what you make for this one!  Time to get crankin out some dies!!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Dies:  Poppystamps Serene Bird, Wired Bird Cage, Memory Box Lavish Branch
Stamps:  A Very Happy Hello - Memory Box
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Pattern Paper:  Brioche Collection from Memory Box 6x6" Pad
Ribbon: 3/8" Sheer Dots Red / White May Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Gumball Green
Buttons:  SU!
Pearls:  Doodlebug

11 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I woke up to 55 degree temps this morning! Crazy!

Oh I am pretty sure no on can mix and match colors and patterns like you and do so beautifully! Love the bird image and I love the pretty aqua it's cut in! Lots of pretty details as always!:-)))

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW love your bright color pops too! So great to see this mix of DP and pearls, so lovely!

Looks like we both like the bright eye candy!

-Kimberly

lecardonbleu.com said...

Jeanne, I LOVE this card!!! It makes me happy. :)

Peanut said...

What a fabulously eclectic mix of everything. Love it, Jeanne.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

wienerhoneymooners said...

Jeanne, this is so lovely,this reminded me of the current Pinspired challenge. :)

-Kimberly

Kim Heggins said...

Another fabulous card...I love that sweet bird cage, just beautiful and so elegant. Looks wonderful with all your fun details, just incredible.

Maria said...

Wow! Love this card with all its beauty! Beautiful aqua bird with cage! The colors and papers are perfect...sigh...just lovely!

Lisa Minckler said...

Good grief.....this is FABULOUS!!!!! It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm still half asleep but I hope the excess use of exclamation marks indicates how much I love this card.
Gorgeous work Jeanne..this is beautiful!!!!!! :D
Lisa x

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so striking, Jeanne! Really love the ombre effect of that fabulous DSP, and the red and turquoise really pops! Plus, those buttons and pearls and scalloped edge and... Well, I just love it all!

Joyce said...

This is so very dramatic and beautiful. I love how you dressed up that birdcage, and your patterned papers match perfectly. Those pearls make perfect flower centers and bird eyes.

Sharron said...

Hi! Spent too much in the last couple of days getting Facebook set up and got behind on comments! I peeked at this earlier & loved how you used the colors. The birdcage is fabulous and all the details are perfect, as always!