Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Lil Inker Designs!

Somebody is having a birthday!! Lil Inker Designs just turned 3!  You have until August 5 to create a project inspired by this inspiration photo and link it up here.   If you aren't familiar with Lil Inker Designs they have all sorts of wonderful things - die cuts with their trademark "stitches", clean graphic stamps, and even some nostalgic images from their "Sugar Kissed Cottage" line - like the one I am using today!  There's some prizes that will be given away, but everyone is a winner because Laura posted some discount codes to enable you to fulfill your wish list!!   I really enjoyed reading about how the company came to be!

When I think birthday I always think about making a card and baking some treats so this girl baking was a natural for me.  Isn't she adorable?    I wanted to fit in lots of Lil Inker Designs Dies so I added lots of layers to this one. 
I hope you get a chance to play and join in on the celebration!  Have a great day!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps: Lil Inker Sugar Kissed Cottage Stiring in Lots Of Love
Dies:  Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats Circles, Stitched Scallop Border Die,  Flags & Tags Spellbinder Exquisite Circles, Small Scallop Circles
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Woodland Park and Sidewalks Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  SU! Strawberry Slush, PTI Harvest Gold, Vintage Cream
Ribbon  7/8 Fuschia Satin His & Hers (Hobby Lobby) Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Button
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black

14 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Jeanne...love how you have used the cute little girl baking something sweet...leave it to you to come up with the most unique yet totally perfect take on every challenge. Love that big poofy bow and how you left the main image black and white...with no coloring, I might actually be able to re-create this!

Kim Heggins said...

why I have I never noticed this stamp before??? both you and Marybeth used it and it is so sweet. Love the retro look of it, like when I was little. Sweet birthday card to celebrate Lil Inkers party.

Laura Pryor said...

Jeanne, you are such a rock star!! I just love everything you do!! WOW and this is no exception! Thank you so very much for joining our birthday challenge!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Sharron said...

Just came from Marybeth's blog and love how you both used these sweet retro stamps. Fabulous design for the Li party!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just adore this, Jeanne! LOVE the way that little darling looks stamped on that text DSP! Cute as can be!

Marybeth said...

Love the idea you came up with! You are so right baking and birthdays just go together. You have the perfect colors and bow. Great card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is such a great card, I love that OA patterned paper and that stamp works perfectly with it. You have a small fortune in die don't you??

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh...this is precious! I love that image and I love that you stamped it on book print! Always love your colorful and pretty cards!

Suzanne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

Joyce said...

This is so very adorable. I love that little girl, and how you stamped on that paper--just darling. You really did fit in a lot of lil inkers on this card. So sweet how your focal point is a circle--I almost feel as though I am spying on her through a telescope.

Amy Kolling said...

This is totally YOU in every shape way and form! The ribbon bow is exquisite and the layout is perfect. I'm so glad to hear of your new DT but sad to see you go from 12 kits but I will be seeing you around bloggie land for sure!

Sarah said...

Love this sweet birthday card. From the beautiful button and bow to the way you stamped the image on patterned paper, it's all adorable. Way to go!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, congrats on your Lil Inker's win...it is one awesome card!

Darnell said...

This is the most adorable and sweetest card, Jeanne! I'm so thrilled to see you won!! In fact, I'm thrilled to see that Cathy and Kim are in the winner's circle with you! What are the chances?!!