Friday, August 9, 2013

Paper Crafts Connection Holiday Blog Hop

I was so excited to be asked to participate in a Paper Crafts Connection Blog hop to help celebrate the new Holiday Cards & More Volume 8 that is just hitting the stores!  Volume 7 was the very first time I was ever published - on the cover no less!!!  And this year??  Are you sitting down?  Swoon... I was so lucky to have 6 projects featured! 

 If you are following along you should have reached me from Erin Lincoln's blog.  If you'd like to start from the very beginning click here.   We're all sharing some holiday treat recipes and showing you how to dress them up for some gift giving this holiday season.  What a perfect combination - I know we all make things to show our family and friends how much we care - a gift from the heart - something we took the time to make just for them! 

Here's my recipe for pumpkin bread.  One batch makes 7 mini loaves.   To make it super easy purchase aluminum mini loaf pans - no clean up!!   I use an ice cream scoop to make sure the same amount goes into each pan.   You can slip these into cellophane bags that you can find in the baking supplies section of your local craft store.

Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 8 oz Pkg. Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Butter
4 Eggs
1 15 oz Can Pumpkin
3 1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
1 Cup Pecan Halves

Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in mixer until light and fluffy.  Add one egg at a time mixing well after each addition    Blend in pumpkin.  Add combined dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.  Fold in nuts.  Pour into greased mini loaf pans.  Top with pecan halves.    Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  . 
TAG DIRECTIONS:  Stamp and die cut images and layer with adhesive foam tape.  Wrap and secure ribbon around your mini loaf.  I threaded a cute buckle die cut on the velvet ribbon to tie in with my Santa theme.  A bitty tag threaded with twine is the perfect finishing touch. 
Here's a complete list of all the ladies participating in the hop today.


Jeanne Jachna  (That's Me!)


The next stop on your hop is Nina Yang from Waffle Flower Paper Crafts. Make sure to leave a comment!!  

One random commenter will be selected from  EACH BLOG on the hop to  receive a free issue of the new Paper Crafts Holiday Cards and More Volume 8!   

You're going to love all the fabulous designs and trims featured inside that are so easy to make.  Yes!  You really can make lots and lots of hand made cards quickly!  And lots of clever ideas for tags, gift wraps, and baked goods! too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy cooking/crafting and good luck!

Supplies Used: Stamps: Waltzingmouse Santa's Coming To Town, Country Labels 14, Candy Jar Christmas Stamp Sets
Dies:  Spellbinder Buckle, Ribbon Buckle, Labels 14, Tags Trio, Standard Circles, Petite Scalloped Circles
Twinery Marichino Twine
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, SU! Glitter, Graffix Silver Foil
Ink:  SU! Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black
3/4" Double Frill Elastic Velvet Decorative Trim Hobby Lobby

81 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh congratulations, Jeanne! SOOOO deserved, and I am so happy that all the world will get to see your amazing creations in the magazine! Yay!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

That recipe looks very yummy, lovely presentation for each loaf!

craftymom205 said...

Great project.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds awesome - love pumpkins! Love your packaging idea!

jcobb said...

Very cute! Love the belt and buckle idea!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

mmmm that bread sounds divine, love the way it's lovingly packaged and that tag is awesome!

Kimberly Rendino said...

Lovely!!! And the bread recipe sounds awesome!

rommelsmom4 said...

Lovely project. Thanks for sharing.

Dana said...

I LOVE the treat wrap!!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Sounds super yummy! Congrats on your well deserved success!

TLady said...

WHERE are all your comments??? Your Pumpkin Bread looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The packaging is SOOO IMPORTANT when giving a Home Baked Goody!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOURS!!!!!! AND even Santa's Belt Buckle on the Ribbon!!!!!!!!!! FABULOUS IDEA!!!!!:)

Jingle said...

That bread looks amazing and I absolutely LOVE how you wrapped it! Gorgeous!

{VICKI} said...

PUMPKIN is my very fave!!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing---wish I was eating some right now

Deborah Frings said...

Many, many congratulations! Well deserved. That recipe looks so delicious too!

Patty said...

Love the profile of Santa - cute tag! And your bread recipe sounds scrumptious!

Carol McCready said...

Great recipe and gift packaging.

Barbara said...

Yum! Pumpkin bread is a favorite of mine....perfect for gift giving, too! Love the decoration on top of the bread!

Sue D said...

Very fun and festive way to give your pumpkin bread.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Julie S said...

Ohhh...love the Santa silhouette!

Lillian Child said...

Great tip on using an ice cream scoop to keep them all the same size, and using aluminum pans so that you can give them away (and decorate them more easily as well). Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us and giving us a jump start on the holiday baking season ahead!

Diana Enns said...

Yummy project.......thanks so much for sharing.

Helen F. said...

Super cute packaging idea, Jeanne.
Thanks for the yummy recipe too, I will definitely try this one :)

PamSpradlin said...

Now I am hungry for pumpkin bread...it is one of my favorites holiday treats. Your recipe is different from mine so I have yours copied and I will be trying it. I just love rour packaging. It is too cute with Santa's belt running around the package of pumpkin bread. Such wonderful inspiration today.

Betty said...

Love your Santa tag! Thanks for sharing the recipe, also!!

Lynda said...

Can't wait to try your yummy recipe! Pumpkin is a favorite of mine, and I love to make breads for Christmas! Sweet packaging idea, too!

Kavitha Vadhri said...

lovely project with wonderful recipe. thanks for sharing.

lecardonbleu.com said...

Love the clever packaging, and the recipe along with your handy tips just tops it off! There's pumpkin loaves in my future!

Alljazzed2create said...

Great packaging and recipe to go along..Fabulous.

Be Blessed
Pam

Jinny Newlin said...

Yummy! LOVE that fabulous label, Jeanne!

Clare said...

oooh Congrats!! 6 projects, well done you!! Love the packaging and your pumpkin bread looks yummy!!

Deborah said...

I love pumpkin bread and what a great way to present it TFS :)

Unknown said...

Love your beautiful packaging and yummy recipe! Thanks for the great ideas!

Rikki-Dee Flora said...

I love pumpkin bread.

sapphiregyrl@hotmail.com

Marybeth said...

Congratulations Jeanne! Sounds so good …about the only thing I could have out of that whole recipe is the pumpkin and baking soda….ugggg

Tracey McNeely said...

Brilliant Jeanne! I love how you created the buckles around the loaf!

Benwah said...

Easy way to give away bread slices or small loaves. Thanks for sharing

Beneta
slayer2b@hotmail.com

Darlene Satkewich said...

Can't wait to try this recipe! Pumpkin bread is my fav! Love how you packaged it too in my favorite color! Thanks for sharing.

Peggy B said...

Oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

snowbear said...

Great use of Claire's stamp!!! The pumpkin bread looks delicious! My daughter has been asking for some!

Helen said...

Yummy! And you all are making me hungry :)

cghundley said...

Cute loaf cover and
treat. The buckle
really adds to it.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Love the buckle on the ribbon and the santa silhouette is to die for! I love pumpkin bread. Can't wait to try this recipe!

Kay said...

Adorable! I love to give pumpkin bread too.

Renee V said...

This is super cute and sounds so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Bread is my favorite - haven't tried a recipe with cream cheese, but must try this one. Thanks for sharing.

DSW said...

Oh boy, a yummy looking pumpkin bread recipe and cute packaging too?! Won't wait for a holiday to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing both!

Renee said...

Congratulations Sweet Friend...
and well deserved!! :)
What gorgeous packaging for some yummy looking cakes...
that label and incredible Santa silhouette (still the BEST I've ever seen!)...
LOVE it!! :)

Lindsey said...

Your pumpkin loaf looks and sounds delicious, and I really love the way you've packaged it!

Amy Williams said...

Yum! And that packaging is so pretty!

Noreen said...

I like the Santa profile tag.

Joyce said...

Wow--Jeanne--you didn't tell me how famous you are! Congrats. And, well deserved. I don't like pumpkins, but even I would eat it wrapped up so cute like that. Fantastic project.

Unknown said...

Wow!who doesn't love Santa? And pumpkin loaf. I will definitely try your recipe. TFS.

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Pumpkin bread yum! Mahalo for sharing.

elf1023 said...

I am scraplifting this one, great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

~Shari said...

How stylish is that. Now I'm hungry for pumpkin bread.
~Shari

jusaweecatnap said...

Congrats on 6 projects! The pumpkin cake looks wonderful and I love the elegant and fun packaging.

gabriella said...

Love the buckle on the packaging it adds so much

Dhez said...

Love anything pumpkin! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Your packaging is cute and I specially like the buckle detail. :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous project and the bread looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Love pumpkin bread. thanks for the recipe. I'm making all the gift tags for my presents this year so I'll be using your tag.

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful wrapper for your bread...thank you for the recipe.

bzyPTmom said...

Love your Santa label on your bread--I need to remember to fancy stuff up like that when I'm bringing someone treats. I need to make some of this during the summer "slower" months instead of waiting until the December rush. Thanks for the idea!

Gilu J said...

Yummy pumpkin bread. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara H said...

Cute packaging of your pumpkin bread and buckle is the finishing touch for sure.

Taunya Butler said...

That pumpkin bread looks yummy and like a recipe I must try!! Thank you for sharing!!

Lynne in NI said...

What a great gift idea, your pumpkin bread sounds delish :)

Lindsey said...

Your tag is so pretty, and I especially love the little buckle detail.

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Jeanne, big congratulations - 6 projects and the cover, that's fantastic! Your pumpkin bread sounds and looks absolutely delicious, thanks for the recipe:) Your packaging is super cute and fun! Love all the gorgeous layers, fun sentiment and wonderful ribbon with buckle!

Anonymous said...

Great way to package a loaf. I should try this too when I do my next loaf bread.

Pam said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I love pumpkin bread, but never had a good recipe to make it. The tag on the top of the loaf is beautiful! You've inspired me.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty presentation for your baked breads! Looks delicious!

Isha Gupta said...

Love your project and the cake looks yumm too. TFS

Katie said...

Awesome packaging!! Love the ribbon with buckle and the silhouette of Santa in red, very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sharron said...

HUGE congrats! Six projects--WOW--I'm sure every one is awesome! Love your tag (that just happens to be using one of my favorite images too)!

Loly Borda said...

that bread looks so yummy! Love the tag with Santa. TFS

Unknown said...

Your tag is so pretty. I especially like the little buckle. A very nice finishing touch.

Unknown said...

Cute idea - I love the buckle it just adds the perfect detail to your package!

Kathy Mc said...

Yes, I've been good…thanks, Santa, for asking! Am in love with your "wrapped" pumpkin bread (recipe & all) and the tag tied on with twine. Ideal gift, Jeanne!

maria f. said...

Love this. Mini pumpkin breads and traditional tags.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh Congratulations, Jeanne! SO deserved! This is making me hungry too! You really make everything you touch delightfully pretty! I hope more people get to see your work!

Janis said...

Wow...six projects! Would love to win the issue to see them all!!
<3 J