Thursday, August 29, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #155

Are you gearing up for a long weekend?  The weather here is unusually warm - this week has been in the 90's - really unusual for the end of August in the Chicago Area!  We might just get some use out of the pool yet before it's time to close it up for the winter.   Labor Day at my house will always mean my Mom's birthday.  We will have her here for a cook out or if she's not up to it - make sure to invade her home with our rowdy bunch!  Yes - even Stinker Binker - she adores her Grandma :)

It's Thursday so time for a new CASE Study Challenge.  It's the end of the month so it will be our last one with Jennifer McGuire.  Not to get on my soapbox - but while Jennifer is a relatively famous name in the card making world - I can't tell you how many wonderful and talented ladies I've been introduced to through CASE Study.  There is a whole world of styles out there - and Chupa does all the research bringing you someone who is fresh and innovative.   Check out our inspiration for this time.  What do you love? The pattern, the stripes, the banner edges, the hearts, the clean layout of the card, the colors...   I always want to take elements that stand out to me and rearrange them to make them uniquely "all mine" somehow.   This time I focused in on the zig zag chevron pattern of the stripes and made an entire background of them.  I mimicked the banners with my banner sentiment, and instead of hearts i sprinkled on a few gems.  Do you see it?  The inspiration? 
Check out all the different directions the rest of the design team spun this one!  I know it will inspire you to make it all YOUR own!

Our special guest designer this month is Kimberly Wiener - she's done a wonderful job this month you want to be sure to check her out first!



Chupa - Iwona Palamountain

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow


Have a great weekend if you're sneaking out early today and BE SAFE!

Hugs!






Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5.5" x 4.25"
Stamp:  Lil Inker "Thank You" Set
Dies:  Lil Inker Impression Plate Chevrons
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey "Hey Girl!" 6x6" Pad
Card Stock: PTI Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Gems:  Jolee's Boutique

18 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is just amazing!! I MUST have this die now, you sealed the deal my dear!!

Thanks so much for the great sendoff on your blog, so sweet!

bluemoonbyniteatyahoodotcom said...

I love your card. It's fabulous. I hope you would consider sharing instructions for getting it so perfect and appealing. ??

Lisa Minckler said...

The inspirational card is gorgeous but your card..WAY WAY WAY cooler!!! That took amazing skill to line those up just right, but my word...awesome outcome! Incredible card Jeanne!!!!
Lisa :)

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful ....a work of art! I love all the beautiful patterned papers you used for this beauty!

Kara said...

awesome!! love all of these patterns!

Tracey McNeely said...

This might be one of my favourite cards of yours! Fantastic selection of patterned papers Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Love all the fabulous patterns! Hope you have a wonderful family weekend!!

downrightcrafty said...

stunning
Hugs Kate xx

Donna Cala said...

Fabulous!!! I really need that Lil Inker plate now. Just love the colors and embellishments and sentiment on the banner.

Ang said...

Just gorgeous. I think I have to get that die now.
Ang

Renee said...

I want this card this winter in the form of a quilt...
to curl up underneath with a cup of caramel latte and a really good book...
it's is my idea of perfection! :)
LOVE it!! :)

Marybeth said...

FYI. I bought that die after seeing this card!! I might have to stop looking!....never!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the homespun appeal to that scrumptious background die cut! WOW!

Darnell said...

This is flabbertastic, Jeanne! Wowza!!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...wow! Ok, I am sooooo happy that I ordered this die now after seeing your stunning card. Reminds me a quilt that my grandmother made many years ago. So sweet.

Joyce said...

This is just fabulous. Amazing way to use patterned papers. How happy am I that I ordered this die, and I believe it is coming tomorrow. Hope to get some time to use it to case you.

Christina said...

I only wish the quilt I'm working on would turn out half as beautiful as this! What a gorgeous mix of papers, Jeanne. So pretty to look at!

Laura Pryor said...

Um, oh my gosh this is gorgeous! Whoa!!!!