Saturday, August 10, 2013

Poppystamps Meadow Leaf

Do you love Memory Box?  Did you know they are the parent company for Poppystamps? They've got big things planned this year and have just added a design team that I am blessed to be a member of.  I love die cuts so this put me in crafty heaven!   Today I'm posting on the Poppystamps blog with a fun die cut project - and I only used one die!  Amazing!
To make my card I cut several of the leaves and arranged them on a piece of scrap paper along with my sentiment to see how I wanted to lay them out.  Then I took my clean card stock for my finished card and stamped the sentiment.  Next  I added a glue dot on the inside of my die and then stuck it to my card stock so that it would would stay in place when I ran it through my die cut machine.  I removed the die cut, attached a new sticky dot and adhered the die to my card stock and ran it through my machine again and again until I got all the leaves cut.

For a simple finished card I adhered it to a colored card base.  
If you want to mix it up and add more color - just tape swatches of different colored paper behind the die cuts. 


This is such a fun and easy way to make a clean expensive looking card. I hope you will visit the Poppystamps blog for daily inspiration and creative ways to use your dies. 






Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Die: Meadow Leaf Poppystamps
Card stock: Poppystamps
Sentiment: Memory Box
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That just looks totally cool Jeanne, it works lovely with those different colours! ~Ira

Maria said...

Beautiful colorful cards and fab way of using the leaf die...well done!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty!!!

Cathy Weber said...

i even liked the scratch card! Love the versatility of that die. I love how you showed how different it can look with the solid vs multi colored effect.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful die and projects Jeanne!

Joyce said...

My goodness-this is lovely, and you are a genius.

Sharron said...

Wow, congrats on being on the new design team! Love their dies and even have the one you used. It makes such simple yet elegant designs. Love your designs using only the one die!

Marybeth said...

Yes I know them and love them! These turned out so pretty ,love the different colors. Such a creative idea!

~Tammy~ said...

Big congrats on your new DT. I have never heard of Poppystamps! I will have to check them out!

What a gorgeous CAS design! A gorgeous set of cards!

Lisa Minckler said...

oh good grief....awesome!!!!!!!! I think this is just amazing in its simplicity, but incredible in design. Have I told you before how much I love your creative mind? Oh I did?? Okay, well...I just said it again.
HUGS!
Lisa x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The leaf die is wonderful.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Kara said...

these are fab! so awesome!