Thursday, August 8, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #152 - Butterfly Starburst

Well did you have fun last week at the CASE Study Challenge Anniversary Party?  I really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful designs - and wow! was that some list of prizes or what?    I guess it's back to business as usual which means we want you to come back and play with us this week!!  It's a brand new month so yes there is a new muse.  What do you say about Jennifer McGuire of Jennifer McGuire Ink?  Oooh I think there's going to be lots of fun going on this month!!!   

Check out this rainbow of color inspiration photo this week!    You know I love color - and this one just shines doesn't it?   So many way you can take this design... will it be the colors, the stripes, the layout?  Sort of looks like rays of sunshine doesn't it?  When I looked at the design it got me thinking about a starburst design.  I knew that would be one way I could pack in loads of color and still make this my own.   I cut 3" squares of patterned paper  and cut them in half to make two triangles.  Then I cut the triangle in half again to make the sections to piece together my starburst.   I topped them off with a pretty die cut butterfly with a sentiment tag.   This one just makes me happy!!

Want to see what the rest of the team did?  Just click on their names here to jump to their blogs!  And our special guest designer this month?  Say hi to  Kimberly Wiener, from Wienerhoneymooners

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

I hope I see you over at CASE Study and that you're having a wonderful sun shiny day!

Hugs!




Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5.75 x 5.75"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Country Labels 14
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Hey Girl! 6x6
Dies:  Spellbinder Tags Trio, Nested Butterflies 2
Button:  SU!
Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Ink:  Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream

6 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

That patterned paper set is some of my FAVE's!

Love this explosion of loveliness!

Simply wonderful job!
-Kimberly

Jill Norwood said...

Love this! Such gorgeous patterns!

Sharron said...

Love your butterflies with that gorgeous selection of papers!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE that starburst, quilty background, Jeanne! What a beautiful number!

Kristi said...

Swoon! Love this happy creation!

Joyce said...

My, my--I go to Hawaii for one measly week, and look at all the fantastic stuff I am missing. This is stunning--I just love all those patterned papers together, and the butterfly is perfect to pull them all together in the center.