Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Polar Bear Love


Hi Friends! I'm sharing my card today that I made for the February Poppystamps Challenge. This month it's all about Me & You! We're looking for projects (it doesn't have to be a card) for your special someone. You can make a Valentine, or maybe a project sharing something that you love doing together like looking at the stars!

My card features the Whittle Polar Bears in a snowy scene that comes together quick with an ombre Distress Ink Background. Here's how it came together...
I always start my cards by laying out the images on a piece of clear plastic the size of my card base. I like that I can pick up the entire arrangement and lay it over different color backgrounds (and believe me I moved it several times) until I find one that I like best, commit, and adhere it in place.

I like to get the most I can out of my die cuts. For the little hearts on the card I used the negative cut outs from two different background panels so I got a bunch of different size hearts. For the "moon" I used a circle die - a punch would work just as well. These are also great ways to use up some of your cardstock scraps.

I use a cosmetic brush to apply the Distress Ink - this time I used Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry. I think this is the best way to blend, but you still might get some darker lines from the brush. If you splatter the panel with water, some watered down darker shade of ink, and/or some white ink/or acrylic paint) these lines won't be noticeable at all.

I added "rosy" cheeks to the bears with a soft pink marker. You could also color the nose and add a google eye if your feeling like you need more details.

I appreciate you stopping by to say hi! I hope you find some time to make today! You can find the Poppystamps Challenge here.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Whittle Polar Bears, Flowing Curves, Playful Hugs, Confetti Heart Plate, Grid Heart Frame (retired) and Memory Box Circle Basics

Poppy = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

 

Whittle Polar Bears
Whittle Polar Bears

POPPY | SSS
Flowing Curves
Flowing Curves

POPPY | SSS
Playful Hugs
Playful Hugs

POPPY | SSS
Confetti Heart Plate
Confetti Heart Plate

POPPY
Memory Box Circle Basics
Memory Box Circle Basics

POPPY | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, I like the swirls with this sweet pair. This is a darling card, Jeanne!

Greta said...

So creative & sweet, Jeanne!