Thursday, February 2, 2023

Outlined Hearts Shaker

Can you believe it's February? Time is flying lately! I know that the groundhog predicted more winter but I'm starting to see a few signs of spring here. Don't get me wrong... it's cold outside but honest! I saw a group of Robin's today! That's a good sign!
Today I'm playing along Colorful Options where they're looking for PINK and  at Double D Challenges where they've got a heart mood board....
So it's time to make a Valentine! Mine is a shaker made with the Waffle Flower Outlined Hearts die. It's a long die that will fit on an A2 card but I thought it would look better as a mini slimline!
I die cut the Outlined Hearts from white cardstock and then trimmed the panel with Mini Slimline die. I adhered acetate to the back of the panel, and then cut the Outlined Hearts from gold foil paper and adhered the die cut inside the opening on the front of the panel. It's tricky adhering to acetate.... I used mini glue dots to tack the gold die cut in place. The assembled panel is the cover for the shaker.
I added adhesive foam tape on the back of the assembled panel and adhered it to a Distress Inked panel in ombre pink and red that was topped with gold sequins.

I added some sequins to the outside of the design too so it looks like some of the sequins escaped!
I hope you like it! Have a great day and I hope you find some time to make and relax!



Finished Size: 3.5 x 6"
Dies | Waffle Flower Outlined Hearts,. Mini Slimline Additions
Punch Out | Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments Gold

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Outlined Hearts
Outlined Hearts
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Additional Mini Slimline Layers
Additional Mini Slimline Layers
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Essential Sentiments Gold
Essential Sentiments Gold
Shop at:
WFL | SCB

7 comments:

Makira said...

Beautiful card! We would love you to share this on our challenge, Colorful Options; this month’s color is pink. #colorfuloptionschallenge or https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
Cheers, Makira

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhh, this is pretty! I like the linen like lines the foil has in it. Shakers are always fun. Love this, Jeanne!

Makira said...

Thank you, Jeanne! Cheers, Makira

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and project, love the colours for our current challenge … Thanks for joining in at Double D challenges aNNie Design Team
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Vicki said...

Fantastic Valentine shaker card. Love the gold outlined hearts. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options February Color Challenge.

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... what a clever creation my friend ... I simply LOVE your design! You're not alone ... I saw several (which surprised me - I did a double take) robins in the side yard the other day when I went out for the mail. I think they are as confused as everyone else with this weather ... way too early here in Ohio. Anyways ... Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

L said...

Bright and cheery cards.
Perfect for Spring and Easter!
Thanks for sharing your talent.