Thursday, August 8, 2019

Fusion Card Challenge - Family

Ok.. you are witnessing a rare thing on my blog today.. a monochromatic card! All the blame.. or credit.. however you want to look at it goes to Fusion Card Challenge because here's the challenge this time! 
I'm always drawn to the inspiration photo... this time it's a black and white photo of HANDS! They're all different sizes .. big to little and represent FAMILY! I had to think on this one.. how to translate this into a card! In the mean time.. my eyes drifted over to the sketch side of the challenge. A clean sketch. 
Here's how things came together for me! The black and white photo morphed into a family of grey elephants! 
These are the Pretty Pink Posh Elephant Friends! I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copic Markers. I HAD to have a LITTLE COLOR! SO I added some flowers - a gift from Dad to Mom! 
I topped the Simple Stories Color Vibe Lights chevron and dot background with a white panel cut with the Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Borders Two. The sentiment is stamped and die cut with a circle, and then layered over another circle in a darker shade of grey.   I repeated the circle with some YUM! Silver Metallic Jewels!
Are you ready to play? Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.

Barb Ghigliotty
Jen Mitchell
Karren Johnson
Linda Callahan
Lyndal Higgins
Michelle Leone
Michelle Lupton
Michelle Williams
Wanda Cullen

I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! I cant wait to see what you make!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Elephant Friends
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Elephant Friends, Scallop Borders Two | Memory Box Circle Basics
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Silver Jewels

Elephant Friends
Elephant Friends

PPP | SSS
Elephant Friends Die
Elephant Friends Die

PPP | SSS
Scallop Borders Twp
Scallop Borders Two

PPP | SSS
Metallic Silver Jewels
Metallic Silver Jewels

PPP | SSS
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento Tuxedo Black

SCB | SSS
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB
Copic Marker Refills
Copic Marker Refills

DB

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your family of elephants is adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the little one peeking out at us, this is so sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolute sweetness!

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable take on the challenge! Love your family of elephants!