Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Reverse Confetti Framed Floral

Hi! It's Jeanne here today and I'm so glad you stopped by! Today I'm sharing a card with a die cut floral background. Every time I get a new stamp set I stamp it several times on white card stock. I color the images and die cut them so that next time I want to make all the hard work is done. Another advantage to coloring several images at one time is that you can experiment and try different colors to find the combinations that you like best. 
I created the background arranging florals from Happy Mail on a piece of clear plastic the same size as my card base. This allows me to pick up the entire arrangement and place it over different color cardstock or pattern paper to get a preview of what my finished card will look like.
I decided I liked the RC Iced Aqua paper that I used as a background for my photo. 
I adhered the pieces to a panel of RC Iced Aqua and trimmed off the edges. To give the card a finished look I added a triple stitched frame from the Stitched Note and Frames set. 
I didn't want to cover up that pretty background so I die cut a Thanks sentiment cut from white card stock. To keep it from blending into the background I cut a second word die and layered them with a slight offset so the gold peeks from behind. The stamped sentiment is from Word Up that has so many sentiments to choose from! 
This technique would work great with lots of different stamped images! I sure hope you'll give it a try! 


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Happy Mail, Word Up
Dies | Reverse Confetti Thanks & Hello, Stitched Note and Frames, Happy Mail Confetti Cuts
Cardstock | Reverse Confetti Iced Aqua


Thanks &  Hello
Thanks & Hello

RC | SSS
Word Up
Word Up

RC | SSS
Stitched Note & Frames
Stitched Note & Frames

RC | SSS
Happy Mail
Happy Mail

RC | SSS
Happy Mail CC
Happy Mail CC

RC | SSS
Iced Aqua Cardstock
Iced Aqua Cardstock

RC
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento Tuxedo Black

SSS | SCB
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB
Copic Refills
Copic Refills

DB

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Jeanne, this is a marvelous card!

Greta said...

Clever technique, Jeanne--beautiful card!