Friday, August 2, 2019

Jillibean Soup - Layering with Peapod Parts

Thanks for stopping by! Today and I’m going to share some of my favorite ways to add Jillibean Soup Pea Pod Parts die cut images to card layouts. I’m playing with the Spoonful of Soul Collection but these techniques will work with any of your favorite Jillibean Soup Collections.
I love playing with the Pea Pod Parts die cut images. They’re printed, die cut and perfectly coordinated to color match the papers in each collection. I usually sort them into groups like sentiments, flowers, hearts etc.

On this card I arranged the Pea Pod Parts in a collage style. I started with the large embroidery hoop and topped it with the Happy word sentiment. Next I added other images with a stitched edges to compliment the hoop. I like to arrange the images on a piece of clear plastic the size of my card front. This helps me work out the arrangement before I commit and adhere them.
Another great way to arrange your Pea Pod Parts is to create a scene. Pattern paper cut with a few curves makes a grassy park. A few buildings tucked behind the hill and a starry sky set the scene for the bicycle surrounded by flowers. It looks like a beautiful day! 
How about making a sentiment the focus of attention and surrounding it with florals, hearts or other Pea Pod Parts images adhered with adhesive foam tape? This adds dimension and makes your cards look elegant and impressive. 
These are only a few ideas for you to try, the possibilities are endless and they’ll all leave you smiling!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Jillibean Soup Spoonful of Soul Collection


Spoonful of Soul Collection
Spoonful of Soul Collection
Shop at:
JBS | SBC | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A lovely mix of patterns and layers!

Tracey McNeely said...

The layering is amazing Jeanne! The Pea Pod parts are always so fun to use!