Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Winnie's Picks Personalized Paint By Numbers

Hi Friends! Today I'm sharing something different! You know I'm mostly a papercrafter, but throughout my life I've tried expressing myself through lots of different mediums.... jewelry making, pottery, leaded glass and even cake decorating. It's fun to surprise your loved ones with personalized gifts hand crafted just for them. 

Creativity doesn't fall far from the tree... my mom used to crochet, my sister likes to cross stitch and my dad loves Paint By Numbers!

I always like to check my Dad's progess on a painting when I stop by! It's amazing to see the images come to life a little at a time... each one a masterpiece!

Maybe you know someone who loves to paint by number too! If so, then you need to check out Winnie's Picks! Not only do they have paint by number kits BUT they can CREATE a CUSTOM paint by number using one of your photographs! I mentioned this to my Dad and he selected this photo of my children to have made into a painting! 

This is one of my favorite photos of my children. It brings back lots of good memories of their childhood and makes me nostalgic! 

Ordering the custom paint by number was easy. You can see the Winnie's Picks Custom Page here.   I scanned this older photo because I didn't have a digital file and sent it with my order. My dad requested the largest size 16 x 20".

A few weeks later this is what we received...

A tube came in the mail and inside was the paint by number printed on a canvas! The kit included the paints, three paintbrushes and even hangers for the completed portrait.

There should be no need to iron the canvas when you receive it, but my tube was dented. I followed the directions on the website, and ironed it on a low setting on the reverse side. I placed a cloth between the canvas and the iron to prevent any damage.

You dont have to mount it to a board, but my Dad wanted to make sure it was secure before he got started. I purchased an inexpensive foam core posterboard at the dollar store, sprayed it with Elmers Craft Bond Spray Adhesive to secure the canvas to the board. This is either a permanent or repositionable adhesive depending on how long you let it dry before you adhere the fabric. We used it as a repositionable adhesive so we can remove the canvas easily if needed when it's framed. Here's what it looks like...My dad has never painted on a canvas before. I asked him to let me know how this is different than the boxed / board type paintings he is used to.
The canvas feels like oil cloth.. the side with the printed numbers is covered with gesso - just like a professional portrait painters canvas.

Talk about PERSONAL.. HANDMADE.. ONE OF A KIND! I can't wait to watch this one come to life! Want to go shopping and discover the possibilities of Paint by Number for yourself? Click here to jump to Winnie's Picks! I think you will be glad you did! It takes Paint By Number to a whole new level!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN!! I can't wait to see his finished product. What a sweet photo of your kids ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so cool but I absolutely love the story of your dad and the paint by numbers. I hope you keep us updated with this one!

Summertime said...

I think I remember that picture of your beautiful children. I had so much fun watching them blossom. This is a perfect way for your Dad to treasure them.

lecardonbleu.com said...

Love this! Would love to see updates on the progress!

Birgit said...

What a great gift idea this is! Jeanne, your kids are adorable. <3

Marybeth said...

Such a fun idea and I love that picture of the kids, so young ! Beautiful picture of them both and I can see why you love it. Sounds like lots of talent and busy hands in your family.