Wednesday, December 3, 2014

SSCB#38 Sparkle & Shine

A new challenge begins today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  We begin with a new theme on the first Wednesday of every month.  This time we're featuring cards with a little Sparkle and Shine!  It's sure to make your days Merry and Bright, but you don't have to stick with a holiday theme.  Any occassion project will do as long as you add a little bling and use at least one Serendipity Stamps image (stamp or die).

Mary, the owner of Serendipity, has asked the DT to make projects featuring snow.  I couldn't wait to ink up this sweet little snow angel today!

 I added lots of bling including a row of sequins for snow,
I cut this fancy Cheery Lynn Florence Filigree Doily once in a soft pink, and a second time with a gold glitter paper.  I inlaid the pieces for a sparkly swirl to surround my snow angel. Did you know that Serendipity sells Cheery Lynn dies?  
I think the pastel color on this design is a little unexpected for me, but I'm sure you still see lots of me in this one - including the sentiment on the pin. 
Need  a little more inspiration to get you going?   Just click on the dt links below.  We have a special guest this month too - Nancy Penir from Artful Notions.  I'm sure Nancy will be bringing the bling like nobody's business!

I hope you find some time to play!
Ooops.. almost forgot!!! Want to go shopping?  The sale this week is 40% off the highest priced item in your cart!  Use code “40fromhigh1214” through 12-10.










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Snow Angel, Merry
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Florence Filigree Doily, MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper Melissa Francis Countdown to Christmas  6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI White,  SU!  Pistachio Pudding, W+9 Ballet Slippers 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic, Fresh Impress Melon
Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh
Star Pin Etsy

11 comments:

Lesley said...

So sweet. ♡

Stamping With Bibiana said...

TFS stopping by my blog for The MB and PPS blog hop. your card is so cute thanks for sharing the info on the challenge and good to know that Serendipity sells those dies..I love them..so many brands out there to chose and all so pretty !
bibiana

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Jeanne!

Lisa Minckler said...

Sequins for the snow topper...is there anything more fabulous than this? No, not at all! Also, that snowman is bliss. I love that it looks like carved wood (at least to me it does) and I love that!
Absolutely wonderful snowy make my friend.
hugs,
Lisa x

Deepti said...

Stunning, love the trail of sequins :)

Marybeth said...

Wow, now I want this stamp! I love what you have done with this angel! Jeanne this is a masterpiece! So many beautiful shinny details and the patterned paper dashing through the snow....perfect

Nancy Penir said...

As usual, transfixed by the patterns and details, Jeanne! Wonderful added bling in the 'doily, and sweet string of sequins!

Karen Amidon said...

How did I overlook this stamp, what an adorable Angel! Of course, you have worked your magic once again! Wonderful papers and love the Merry and Bright type print. All of this...and adorned with a star pin...perfection!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne! Love your little snow angel. The colors, bling & papers are lovely and your row of sequins looks fabulous.

Sharron said...

This is such a sweet card, Jeanne! LOVE!! The pink & gold is so wonderful and that angel is adorable. Every detail is just perfect!

Kim Heggins said...

So so beautiful Jeanne...I love your sequins and that amazing snowman.