Monday, December 22, 2014

My Coolest Friend!

I'm trying to sneak in a few more Christmas cards.  Wow it's almost here!    I'm trying to wrap up some of my posts for the week because I still haven't made any cookies and I'm being accused of enjoying my bloggie time more than my family time.  At least the blog doesn't talk back and leave empty pop cans and food wrappers laying around.  The Mountain Dew drinker in my house knows who I'm talking about.  (Had to clarify so I don't get Mr. J on the defensive!)   

Just a quick card today for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge. This week is anything goes.  I stamped some snowflakes from "Fresh Snow" with versamark ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Next I blended a rainbow of distress ink for an aurora borealis background for my cool Santa!  A glitter snow border and a simple sentiment and I'm done.  

 I hope your ready for the big day.  Just a few more things on my list... groceries for Christmas dinner, and BAKING!!!   LOL!  










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Santa Paws, Swanky Snowdudes, Fresh Snow
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic, Versafine Onyx Black Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Seedless Preserves
Glitter
Die:  PTI Snowdrift from In The Meadow

16 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!!

Alanna said...

What an awesome card. I love those inks blended together.

Patti said...

Wow!! Now this is bright and cheerful!! I love how you embossed your snowflakes before applying your color! Brilliant : )

I'm having great fun enjoying your beautiful cold and colorful style!! So glad to have found you!

Merry Christmas!!

Patti

Anonymous said...

COOL card!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO fun Jeanne! the sentiment with Santa made me laugh!

Cathy Weber said...

He is cool! I love the sparkly glitter along the snowbanks Jeanne...wow do those snowflakes pop!

Kay Miller said...

Aaaack!! Cutest card ever!! I love this Jeanne! That background is amazing!! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is so so fun I love your northern lights and that festive edge to your snow banks, just amazing and it all looks fabulous with your adorable Santa. Merry Christmas!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this card so much!! Such a FUN design!! I LOVE the Collors and the FUN Multi Colored Glitter Hills!! SO CUTE!! THANKS SO MUCH for for sharing and for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! Have a Fabulous Christmas Week!! ;)

Joyce said...

Hi. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and were visited by this cute Santa. Love how you made that rainbow background.

Alanna said...

What a fabulous card. I love the inked background.

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors...you totally sound like my sister!! Happy Holidays!!

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is too cute! Love that rainbow/snowflake background! Eye catching! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on the Tag you are it DT!!!!! Hoorah, you are a NATURAL on that one, no surprise like Tracey said!!!!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So super cool!!!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Karin

Lindsey said...

Is this fun or what?! The background couldn't be any more amazing but what really gets me are the glittered hills. Funnest idea ever! PS I'm still chuckling about your family.... :)