Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbook Magazine Swan Song Bloghop

As a tribute to one of our favorite crafty magazines, many of us have joined together today for a farewell blog hop.  This is our sweet good bye to our friends at Paper Crafts & Scrapbook Magazine.  If you're hopping along you should have reached me from The Sweet Stamp Shop.   If you'd like to start at the beginning it starts here at Jennifer McGuire's Blog.   The theme of the hop is Friendship and Thanks and there's a rock star line up of designers with projects today.    


I've enjoyed reading Paper Crafts for so many years it's hard to explain what it's meant to me.  Just something that I suppose I took for granted.   Before they went digital I would take the magazine everywhere - sports events, going to pick up the kids from school and even vacation.  I used to love pouring over the pages flipping through the pages and dog earing the projects I wanted to case. Once I started blogging they helped me gain more confidence in my crafting.  I found their blog and started playing at Moxie Fab.  It opened a whole world to me.  I was amazed at all the different projects that evolved from the same Trigger Target. The next step was publication!  It was such a thrill to see my name in print.  My first publication was Paper Crafts Holiday Cards and More - Fall 2012.  I had made several projects, but only one was accepted.  Wow - what a first!  My project - A Note From Santa made the cover!  I just got bit by the publishing bug!   LOL!

I made two projects today featuring a fox.    The first is completely paper pieced.   
The second is copic colored - sweet and simple. 
The next stop on the hop is the fabulous  Emily Branch!

Thanks for stopping by!  I know we'll all miss the publication - it opened a  whole world of crafting to me.   I've met so many wonderful friends through the on line community Paper Crafts created.  How can I thank them for all this?   Wishing them all the best.   











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Hello Foxy 
Dies:  Papertrey Ink Hello Foxy, MFT Snow Drifts, Spellbinder Standard Circles
Pattern Paper Echo Park "This & That" 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile, SU! Tangerine Tango
Enamel Dots Doodlebug
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Cantaloupe

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"

Stamps:  Stampin Up Critters In The Forest
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Classic Scalloped Circles, Nested Lacy Pennants
Pattern Paper October Afternoon Woodland Park 8x8
Card Stock PTI Enchanted Evening, White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a foxy post :)

Alanna said...

Fun cards Jeanne. Those foxes are so cute.

Julia Aston said...

Such sweet little fox cards Jeanne!

Shelly said...

These are so sweet!

The Hardy Stamper said...

A lovely post and two gorgeous foxy cards!

Kara said...

adorable Jeanne..love them!!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful cards Jeanne! I so remember when you made the cover! That was so amazing!

Sharron said...

Both cards are so adorable! Love the wonderful papers and sweet foxes!

Joyce said...

Love your 2 foxy cards, Jeanne. They are both so cute.

Karren said...

These are such cute cards - those foxes are too adorable!

Michelle said...

Jeanne, your foxes are both so cute! Lovely tribute to PC&S.

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne your cards are as lovely as your words!!! I can totally relate to carrying the magazines around! I still have copies in my car for when I have a minute.... :)

Yoonsun Hur said...

Such a delightful!!! Jeanne, your cards are so sweet!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are so super cute.