Tuesday, December 2, 2014

CardMaker & Impression Obsession Christmas Blog Hop!!


What a great day for a visit!   CardMaker Magazine Blog Design Team  has joined up with the Impression Obsession Design Team for a Christmas Blog Hop!  If you are hopping with us you should have reached me from Jeanne Streiff 's blog   blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning and get all the details, including a list of all the folks with projects today and to learn how you could win a prize of your own, click here to jump to the Impression Obsession Blog or here for CardMaker Magazine Blog!

Impression Obsession will be hosting a giveaway on their blog---they will be giving away two $25 gift certificates. 

I had so much fun mixing the Impression Obsession dies and images together.  This stamp is by my friend Dina Kowal who I met at Splitcoaststampers.  I was shocked when I saw her name on the package.  I knew she was an amazing artist, I didn't realize she did designing as well.   

I think this silhouette captures the magic of Christmas perfectly.  The anticipation of Santa coming on Christmas night.  I stamped the image on patterned paper and then inlaid the die. 
My second card features the Wreaths and Garlands clear stamp set.  It includes  everything you need to stamp a pretty garland or wreath for just about every occasion.  The set includes pine cones, poinsettias, sunflowers, candy canes, oak leaves and more. It was lots of fun inking up the images in different colors and trying different arrangements.  


Again I stamped my  scene and then used the die cut to inlay the bells into the design.   A sprinkle of sequins adds a little sparkle and shine - just what's needed for a festive holiday season!
Ready to see more?  The next stop on our hop is the super sweet and talented  Jenny Gropp!!   

For your convenience here's a complete list of everyone with projects for the hop today! 

Jeanne Jachna   That's Me!  

Good Luck and Happy Hopping!! 









  
Materials Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps  Impression Obsession Believe, Christmas Morning G13229
Dies:  Impression Obsession Santa's Sleigh 081-0, MFT Fishtail Flags
Patterned Paper Basic Grey 25th & Pine 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Gems

Stamps:  Impression Obsession Believe, Wreaths & Garlands
Die: Impression Obsession 110-G Mistletoe and Bells
Card Stock: PTI Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, Gold Foil Linen Finish Recollections (Michael's)
Ink:  Impress Fresh Ink, Versafine Onyx Black
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh

66 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

Beautiful Card. I need that Sleigh die!

Kirk and Melanie said...

LOVE the combination of stamping and dies and sequins!! GREAT combo!! TFS!

Kathy Lund said...

I love the silhouette card...captures the wonder of Christmas Eve for children! And the colors on your second card are lovely. Nice combination...

Retta said...

Very artistic!

Brooke said...

Both cards are beautiful, Jeanne!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awesome cards. I love the details on the first one.

sierra said...

What a great card with that silhouette peeking through the doorway!

Eileen L. said...

Very pretty cards. Love the stamped image you used.

Barbra said...

Love both of your cards. Really beautiful!

Linda said...

I love your card
I am making this card for my Christmas cards this year
I just love this Christmas morning stamp

Pattie J. said...

Beautiful cards, and so different in technique. love them.

Unknown said...

Amazing cards! Love the little silhouette girl stamp...

Rachel B. said...

Great cards!

Karen Amidon said...

Amazingly beautiful, Jeanne! One of my favorite stamps by Dina is "Christmas Morning". Her silhouettes capture the hearts and emotions of the moment and so did your design! Fun use of the Mistletoe and Bells die along with your signature style of colors and stamping! What a great hop!

Corky said...

Awesome cards!

Unknown said...

This is superb!

Unknown said...

Very nice

AprilsL8 said...

Great cards! I really love the stamp on the first one!

Lorna said...

Love the silhouette image with the red ornaments. Very nice cards.

Joanne said...

Lovely cards! The first one is so unique, rally nice! Great blog ho too! Joanne

Imago Dei Creative Designs said...

I love the little girl peeking in at the Christmas tree. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

what an elegant card

Unknown said...

Both are such perfect cards for the season! :)

kren said...

Magical card! The silhouette works well!

BJ Searcy said...

Both cards are simply gorgeous!

lisa808 said...

Fabulous cards!

Kathy Krug said...

How cute to have Santa flying overhead with that sentiment.

jc2711 said...

I love the colours of the first card :)

Jackie

Sandy said...

Your cards a totally unique but beautiful.

mbchoj said...

Great cards. love the patterned paper with the sleigh!

McStamper said...

Beautiful cards. Love the bells.

Lee Ann said...

Love these cards! The depth in both of the cards is wonderful. I like how you used the different color (shades) in the second card along with the gold embossing to really make the card stand out. Your "Believe" card is adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

Vicki Sopcak said...

Well Done!!! You captured the spirit of christmas!!!

Katia said...

Both cards are beautiful, but the first is stunning!

Iris said...

Gorgeous cards - love the reindeer and sleigh.
isoscia at aol dot com

CraftyPaws said...

So beautiful! Esp. love that artsy first one with the black silhouette girl and the red sparkles on the tree. Gorgeous!

Juanita B said...

Your first card contains all the wonder, surprise and discovery of Christmas. The scene looks so real. The colors in the second card are delightful. The gold is especially eye catching. TFS.

Frann said...

Nice cards! I love the inlaid look.

Sue D. said...

I saw Santa's Sleigh on a card previously but didn't know what company made it and now I do! I shall have to see about buying one of those.

dinosaur said...

Beautiful cards. I really love the first one, though. I might just NEED both the die and the stamp:)

lritchie said...

love both of your cards

SherylH said...

Wonderful cards -- I really like the effect of the inlaid diecuts.

Janett said...

Beautiful cards. Love the inlayed die effect.

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are very unique. Thanks for a different point of view!!

Faith in Florida

Linda said...

I love the Santa sleigh and reindeer die! You used it well.

Anonymous said...

Love the gold bells!

Cindy J. said...

Attention to detail, times 10!! Stunning!

Carol said...

Two amazing cards!
Really like the silhouette stamp with the Santa sled die.
Thank you for sharing.

papierscrapetc said...

Superbe!!!!

Debbie said...

Great Card. Like all the effects.

Mary said...

Jeanne, gorgeous card. Love them both, but I've got to say, I love, love, love everything about your first card, and BTW I believe!

Antonella said...

Both of your cards are great! Love the little girl peeking and the Santa flying by.
Hugs,
Antonella :-)

Beverly Perdue said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! I love that you stamped your image on the patterned paper and inlaid the dies on your first card. I love the gold accents on your second card. Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

Wow!!! Beautiful cards...the one with the tree, I just LOVE it..such a beautiful Christmas scene!! The 2nd one is pretty as well with the gorgeous colors and bells!!

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely! The fist one is so sweet and I love the rhinestones as ornaments. I think I like your second card even more. Love the bright colors and that mistletoe die. Awesome cards!

Nana Griffin said...

These are both wonderful. So cute the girl peeking out on the first one.

Doudou said...

Beautiful cards!love so much

Unknown said...

Great cards!!! Really love the stamp of the silhouette of the little girl. It's so sweet.

Vivian C. said...

Great mix of stamps and dies.

Shirl said...

Neat cards but the sweet one in the beginning touches my heart. Thanks for sharing.

Shona said...

Beautiful cards! Love the first one!

Sue D said...

Both cards are fabulous!

Sharron said...

Both cards are just outstanding, Jeanne! I adore the girl in the doorway and that is the best Santa & sleight die cut I have ever seen. Such a precious card! And I love the gold bells and beautiful greenery on your second card.

Katie said...

oh my gosh, two beautiful cards! I love how you put these stamps and dies together. Love the patterned paper on the first card too! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Dee said...

great cards. love he child in the doorway. thanks for sharing.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous cardsJeanne! Love that patterned paper on the first card!