Wednesday, October 16, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #162 Bear Hugs

Happy Thursday!  I hope everyone is doing good!  I'm enjoying the cooler weather and - hey! squeezing in as much crafty time as I can manage.  Did I tell you my washer is broke?  That seems like good news right now - no washing, drying, folding, and putting away for me... but I absolutely KNOW I'm going to be paying for that in no time when I have a mountain of clothes waiting for me!  You've got to live in the moment so for now I'm just going to roll with it!  HAHA!!  

It's Thursday so that means there is a new challenge at CASE Study!  Our muse this month is Elena Roussakis from Just Me Prints Blog.  Elena is a gal after my own heart - she makes every day just extraordinary. Think cookie place cards, dressed up little treats and fun party invites with coordinating decorations.  Here's the inspiration photo for this week!   Ok you know the deal - study the photo - choose the elements you like and make it all your own.  A look at the inspiration through my eyes?  I loved the background of trees and how it matched the little wooden pencil.  The pop of red from the little envelope was striking against the kraft too!  How did I translate that into my card?  I ran with the trees and that punch of red and made this woodsy fall scene.  I paper pieced the bear and the sign - I thought the swirly pattern on his back half looked neat.   
So what grabs you?   Need a little more inspiration?  Check out designs from the rest of the team and see what direction they took this challenge!!  Our special guest designer this month is Michelle Williams!


If you'd like to be the next Guest Designer at CASE make sure you put a "GD" after your name when you link up your project.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches "Happy Camper"
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Two Rosy"
Card Stock: SU! Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry, PTI Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, New Leaf
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard CIrcles, Fall Foliage, Memory Box Tall Birch
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Copic


6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute Jeanne! I love the bear.

Michelle said...

:-) I love that bear with the fancy bottom. Your card has me smiling, Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Oh, wow--happy card! Love your little bear!

Joyce said...

You do 'CUTE' too? This is just fantastic. I love how you were inspired, and your paper pieced bear is just darling.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love this to bits! What a fantastic mix of patterns and those trees and that adorable bear... Did I say I love this ;)?

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute! What a sweet little bear and I love his "fur" too, so fun.