Monday, October 28, 2013

Ribbon Reel Challenge

I hope you had a good weekend!  I'm just about caught up on that mountain of laundry - seems like it is never ending some days.  We spent the weekend selling carmel apples with the Boy Scouts.  I got to decorate the tables with crepe paper streamers and colorful leaf doilies I found at the dollar store.  We sold about 500 apples that were hand dipped just for us at an orchard in Michigan.  

Are you ready for the latest fortnight Ribbon Reel Challenge?  This one is a beauty chosen by Zuzana.  You're instructed to create a project using the colors in the photo - blue, white and a touch of gold.  Oh yes... can't forget - have to use some ribbon and lace too - this is the Ribbon Reel after all.   The only hard part about getting ribbons from the Ribbon Reel is deciding which ones to get.  There are so many pretty ribbons and trims to pick from that it is impossible to decide!  I had to look past this beautiful cup and saucer - it was tempting me to make something "tea" themed.   I zoomed in on the crochet lace background  and grabbed a paper doily - and the rest fell together on it's own.   
 
If you need a little more inspiration I hope you will visit the rest of the design team - their projects are always beautiful eye candy and are sure to get you motivated!

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!







Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6.25 x 4.5"
Ribbon:  All from Ribbon Reel except 5/8" Textured Lines Blue Green May Arts
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Vintage Garden Seed Packet, Vintage Garden Flowers
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Woodland Park" 8x8"Collection
Card Stock:  SU! Night of Navy, PTI Vintage Cream, AC Specialty Gold Foil
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Damask Decor
Buttons, Gems

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Jeanne, and so elegant too! I love the gold embossed panel, and the beautiful blue hyacinths.

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful Jeanne! I think I will have to check out that ribbon.
Wow that's a lot of apples ! Sounds like fun and a lot of work.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne! I love the blue and yellow together!

Cathy Weber said...

That is some shimmery ribbon! I love those flowers over the delicate doily and the little bits of ric rack on the sides. I see some little dots of stickles or pearls on the flowers too...very elegant card with the embossed gold.

The Hardy Stamper said...

Simply gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Wow, busy weekend--glad you did so well with the apple sales. Your card is gorgeous! Love all the blues and elegant touches of gold.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Jeanne...love your colors, blue and that bright yellow, just an amazing combination. And your flowers, wow, simply stunning.