Thursday, October 24, 2013

Casology - Country

I've been trying to find my CAS side lately.   It's a style that I love and will admit I am not so comfortable with.  I figure the more I try the better I will get.  I am trying to play along with more challenges that focus on this style and my favorite has become Casology.  It's a great way to see loads of examples and get tips from their experienced design team as well.  The theme this week is county.  So what does country mean to me?  I think wide open spaces and blue skies, Loretta Lynn and peanut butter pie.   I thought this cowboy image would fit the bill perfectly - and look - no bow (well just a bitty one), and no patterned paper (except for the bits I stamped). 
I used rustic cream paper and distress ink to give it a bit of a distressed look.  I embossed the top of the boot charm to give a tooled leather look, and the doily under the rider reminds me of a fancy concho.


 Thanks for having a look - have a great day!!



Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Back in the Saddle, Way Out West
Card Stock:  PTI Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, Kraft, Silver Foil AC Specialty
Dies:   Die Namics (Thanks Cathy), Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Mini Doily, Spellbinder Standard Circles
Natural Button Twine:  May Arts
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Madison
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Luxe Love Letter, Ranger Distress Antique Linen

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, you are a quick study. What a fabulous country card. I think you did a great job.

Pauline said...

Yee hah Jeanne! Love this bright red colour, and those fabulous WMS images, this is a set I don't yet possess, its on my wish list! Love the little twine bow, a card is not dressed without one is it?

Cathy Weber said...

You are getting so good at CAS...I didn't even miss the big poofy bow that is your signature Jeanne. This is such a cute card, love the patterned stamping, but what really WOWED me was that embossing on the boot. I LOVED it and can not wait to try that for myself. You are a genius!

Sharron said...

Wow, you really rocked this one! Love your take and your fun design. The horseshoe and boot are adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the theme love this card, great design and beautifully stamped.

Marie

Ardyth said...

Love the colours, natural feel and movement on this card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne love your country themed card, the horseshoe and boots are too cute! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

fab take on the cue word... love those little charms! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Darnell said...

Yahoo, Jeanne, I love your kickin' cowboy country card! Just perfect for CASology!! Hugs, Darnell