Saturday, October 26, 2013

Poppystamps Winterflake Frame

Hi friends!  Today is my turn to post on the Poppystamps blog!  The design team take turns daily to provide inspiration and creative ways to put your dies to work.   I hope you will pay my teamies a visit sometime and see what they've been up to there.

 I made this card today featuring the Winterflake frame.  I cut the die out twice - once with white card stock, and a second time with a snowy aqua blue card stock!    I used regular packing tape across the window opening of the negative side of the white cut and then gently placed the aqua blue die cut frame inside it.   The rest was like piecing a puzzle togehter - but really easy since the sticky tape was there ready to receive the "bits" and "pieces".  The end result is a flush one layer design with deep cuts and contrasting color.  I embellished the design with some pearls and a die cut snowflake topped with a shiny button.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!





Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Poppystamps Let It Snow!
Dies:  Poppystamps Winterflake Frame, Giovanna Snowflake
Pearls
Button
Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Card Stock:  PTI Aqua Mist, White
1/8" Corner Rounder
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

5 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Beautiful...love the die within a die idea...pinned it and plan to give it a try myself!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Pauline said...

A beautiful CAS design, classically festive!

Sharron said...

So soft and pretty--love the inlaid die cut!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a beautiful die...and even more beautiful card!