Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lil Inker October Release - Christmas Cover Up

It's day 3 of the Lil' Inker October Release Previews!  I hope you've been checking out the new designs that are going to make your Christmas projects super fun and easy this year!  I am so happy and delighted to joining the Lil'Inker Design Team as a guestie this month!  If you are hopping along with the blog hop today you should have gotten to be through Amy Kolling's blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop you can get all the deets here. Today I've got two projects featuring the new Christmas Cover Up Die Plate.   This die is just shy of an A2 card base so it makes a great overlay with your card base just peeking out beneath!
On my first card I used the plate to emboss a piece of white card stock.  I dressed it up by adding lots of colorful die cut jingle bells with silver glittery paper peeking through.   The new stamp set has lots of sentiments that work perfectly with the "jolly" and "joy" die cuts.  I used one of the cut out stars from the bells to top the "J".
 For my second project I wanted the focus on the die plate.  There is so much detail on the die that I didn't want to cover up.  There are snowflakes, and many of the letters have bitty trees for windows (Look in the W's). 
I cut the die out twice - once in white and once in silver.  I punched all the windows out of the white cut and then put regular packing tape all across the back.  Then I placed the in tact silver die cut over the white one and pushed the cut outs down into the sticky taped holes.
 I know you want to see more of the new releases right?  Well next stop is Jen Carter!  Before you go make sure you leave a comment - there's some hidden blog candy up for grabs and you need to comment to enter to win!  Good Luck and I hope I see you tomorrow for the final day of Lil' Inker previews! 




Image of Flags & Tags Dies
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Jingle Bells
Dies:  Lil' Inker Joy Word Die, Cover Up Die: Christmas, Jingle Bell, Christmas Bits, Flags & Tags
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Jolly & Joyful Sentiments
Card Stock:  SU! Coastal Cabana, Glitter Paper, Regal Rose, PTI White, Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Joy
Dies:  Cover Up Die: Christmas, Joy, Flags & Tags
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Jolly & Joyful Sentiments
Card Stock:  SU! White & Silver Glitter
Pearls
Gem:  Jolee's Boutique
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

40 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous cards! I love the ways you featured the Cover Up: Christmas die! It looks great embossed as a background, and fantastic with that bling on your second card! Wonderful ideas!

Sabrina said...

Both cards are fabulous and what great colors!!

Lindsey said...

Oh, WOW! I adore the fun colors of the first and the second is gorgeous. That die looks great flush with the silver. Fantastic cards again!

Suzie Q said...

fabulous cards so colourful x

Jill Norwood said...

So gorgeous and clever! I would never have thought of the packing tape! Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration and the wonderful tip!!!

anja curvers said...

So so beautfiul loved this bloghop so much inspiration and that release is amazing. Thank you for showing and sharing.

loulou said...

Great idea to use the cover up die to emboss. Your second card is just gorgeous I love all the glitter. Now I didn't see those little trees until you pointed them out. I really think this die is on my must have list.

Kristie Goulet said...

Eeeekk! Love what you have done here!

Sue D said...

Love the fun colors on the first and all the sparkle on the second.

Sue McRae said...

The untraditional holiday colors on your first card are so fun and I love all the sparkly goodness on your second card.

Macarena said...

Wow! So fresh and happy the first one and so elegant and glamour the second one! Love them both!

Kyle4143 said...

Love the word die! What an incredible impact!

Laura Pryor said...

Jeanne, this are mind-blowing! I love the use of the cover up die as an embossed background! WOW!!

Unknown said...

Love the glitter background!

Crafty Math Chick said...

WOW! These are SOOOO decadently GORGEOUS! I NEED that Christmas Cover plate die! Your sparkly card looks so elegant and LOVE the look of the 'cut but not cut out' embossing, especially with the die cut 'jolly' over it. Superb cards!

Stephanie McKnight said...

Love, love, love these cards! Great work! Thank you for the inspiration.

canadian_liner said...

Brilliant tip for making a two-tone version of the Christmas cover-up die... It is beautiful with the silvery background layer. And using the die for embossing is another wonderful idea. I hope Lil'Inker has you back for the next release!

Sharron said...

Love these so much! The embossed cover-up looks awesome. And the one with the glitter is stunning. Thanks for pointing out the teeny trees. I never noticed that before.

cm said...

I need to consult a thesaurus, as I'm running out of ways to say *Gorgeous* as these cards most certainly are! Fabulous showcase of the new release!
c

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely gorgeous and my current fav card of your ever!!!

Jen Carter said...

So, so fun! I love all the colors you used on the bells & how you used the plate as an impression plate too! I also love the detail of the silver glitter behind the bells!

Vickie Z said...

I've been crazy busy again... but, Congrats on your guest DT... love Lil Inkers myself... you did a fabulous job!! Oops... love the cards too- they have that "Jeanne" touch even if there aren't any big ole' bows :)

Kristen said...

I love both of these cards!! Great job!!

Tami McBeain said...

Great use of the cover up and the dies, wow! Just wonderful!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the sparkle on both and the various sizes of ornaments on the first.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Totally loving them!

LauraEva said...

These cards are beautiful!

paperandflair said...

I am smitten with that second card, brilliant use of all the die cut pieces. Thanks for sharing!

Amy Kolling said...

Love how you've done the cover it up die Jeanne!!! Your card using it is just goregeous!!! I'm so glad to see you in this lineup! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous creations! Love all of those colorful jingle bells in the first card! And all of the shimmer and sparkle is fantastic in both cards!!!

Loly Borda said...

love your designs, specially the first one, so festive. TFS

Jinny Newlin said...

So bold and bright and happy, and I just love those backgrounds!

Billie A said...

love the looks, great designs. I really like the dies used and colors.

Bev Karolak said...

Awesome projects! Love the touch of the glitter. :)

Marybeth said...

Wow! Love seeing the close up of the glittered card. Great job here and the brightly colored bell card is wonderful and just makes me happy to look at.

Anonymous said...

the bells are very pretty with the silver behind them. Love the cover-all die. That card is beautiful. I want that die!

Anonymous said...

What great ways to use these fun dies! Love the Bells! Love the "joy" card, I'm so glad you shared your tips for making this card, which is Stunning, btw.

Renee said...

I knew that 1st card was yours the moment I saw it...
it's so YOU!! :)
And I love it...
all those jingle's in the fun colors!
They're both fabulously you!
And I'm working backwards so I am kind'a backwards...
but you have done awesome with this release!! :)

Brenda Lee said...

Ok...I think these are 2 of my favorite cards so far. Love how you used the jingle bells and made them so colorful (LOVE the colors by the way) and layering them with the silver. AWESOME cards!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! Love the jewel on the dot!