Thursday, October 31, 2013

Paper Sweeties November Challenge

Did you have a good Halloween?  The weather here was rainy but we still had a few brave souls willing to brave the elements and get some treats.  They probably made out pretty good too - I know I gave them a little extra for the effort!!

Every month Paper Sweeties hosts a challenge.  It's a great way for you to see some innovative ways to use your Paper Sweeties stamps and maybe win some free stamps!   November is the busiest month of the year for me - I have so many blessings to be thankful for  including my birthday, wedding, and birth of both my children.  I love  the cooler temperatures and the colorful show of the leaves turning. 

This scarecrow is one of my favorite Paper Sweeties images - he just makes me smile.   I layered him on fancy die cut and a layer of burlap.  The colorful quilt pattern paper seemed perfect since it includes just about every fall color I can think of.

Check out what the rest of the team made to kick off the new challenge.  You have the whole month to play!  And please give a warm welcome to 
Kristi Schurr who has just joined the team! 


Have a beautiful day!! 


Supplies Used:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties Happy Fall Ya'll , Stand Add Ons 3, Scarecrow
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper "Farmhouse" 6x6"
Burlap Paper DCWV
Ribbon:  5/8" Textured Lines Fuchsia/Lavender, Natural Button Twine, 1" Crochet Velvet Ivory Red May Arts
Dies: Spellbinder Floral Ovals, Scrap mart Exclusive Oval Square
Wood Button:  Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers
Border Punch EK Success Zig Zag Stitch

6 comments:

Maria said...

Yes, Jeanne we used the same sweet image!:-) Great minds think alike...hehehe! What a beautiful card you made with the scare crow, fab background paper, and lovely ribbon treatment! Also, wishing you a wonderful Happy Birthday, hugs!

Sharron said...

You really captured autumn with your colors! It's so gorgeous here. I love the all too short display of autumn glory. Love the added touch of burlap and your sweet scarecrow.

Unknown said...

scarecrow so very sweet ty so much for shareing rember when your makeing card not just christmas but any time send them nursinghome and homebound or someone fighting heath prob let them know your thinking and you care about them .

Kristi said...

So stinkin' cute! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Too cute and so fun! I love this adorable little scare crow and that background paper is so perfect with the patchwork look...love it!

Marybeth said...

This guy sure is cute. You picked perfect fall papers to show him off.
I love the fall too. Hope you get spoiled during your birthday month.