Friday, June 19, 2015

Tag You're It - Hello Beautiful!


Hello and thanks for stopping by!  I'm excited to share another new challenge at Tag You're It!  I love the inspiration every other week from some of my favorite designers.  I really enjoy seeing projects through their eyes and then CASing them to put my own take on them.  This time the inspiration is from Anja Curvers!  Don't you love this cute puppy with the "Ruff day?" sentiment?  It's like they were just meant to be together. 

I immediately zoomed in on that watercolor background - it made me think of giving my dog a bath, and sometimes the little muddy pawprints they leave behind when its wet and rainy (like it's been so much here lately).  This one would be so easy to take in so many different directions - especially the dog - since mine is near and dear to my heart.

Oh but.. so much want to make this my own and take it in a different direction. 


I decided on some tropical flowers.  The sentiment "hello beautiful" works perfectly with the flowers and I still got to play with some watercolors to make a bright bold background. 
I kept the layout of the tag exactly like Anja's - triple stacking the "hello" die cut.   A few gems add a little sparkle and unexpected dimension to the design.
Now it's your turn!  Come and play with us at Tag You're It!  I can't wait to see what direction you take this clever design!











Supplies
Dies:  Waltzingmouse Hello, Simon Says Stamp Large Tags

Stamps:  SImon Says Stamp Summer Garden Stamps and Dies
Peerless Watercolor, Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Twinery Pink Sorbet Twine
Gem

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous and I LOVE that background!!!!!!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the tropic feel, Jeanne! The gems add just the right pop!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful tag Jeanne!! Love the fresh summer colors and design!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous tag Jeanne...just love those colors, they scream summer time.

Joyce said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne. This tag is so pretty and so very YOU!

Sharron said...

Your watercolored background is gorgeous--love the pinks! It's perfect with the lovely tropical blooms!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love your tropical take on the inspiration tag! The flowers and colors are AMAZING!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love that hot pink water coloring! Gorgeous tag!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW! This is so spectacular!

anja curvers said...

Wow such a beautiful watercolored background love your take on my tag. Those flowers are so pretty.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

STRIKING!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

WOWWWWW...love this. The hombre style of coloring is so way cool!