Saturday, June 6, 2015

Reverse Confetti SFYT#25 - Birthday Calories

Oh I've got something sweet for you today!  Just got home from vacation and found some goodies in my mailbox.  I couldn't wait to get cutting and stamping for the latest Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I love sketch challenges!   The layout is already there, all you have to do is fill in the blanks.  I knew I wanted to play with my new Love & Ice Cream Set - and I knew that the ice cream would take the place of that big green circle.   All that was left was some mixing and matching of some pretty papers and a sprinkle of embellishments.  That sounds easy doesn't it?  I know.. sometimes it's really not.   This one took me longer than I thought - lots of switching this for that until I was happy with the end result. 
Since this one is a birthday card I really wanted to add a bit more glitz and glam so I added a silver cut "star garland", silver spoon, glitterly sugar to the ice cream, and a sprinkle of sequins. 

 I love the accompanying die cut set - it has everything you need from cup to cone, little spoon, to the cherry on top complete with stem! 
I kept the ends of button twine long - I think they look like streamers.  I cut the black and white pattern strip 3/4" wide and just die cut the end with the banner from the Tag Me die set.   Maybe you were wondering how I got it so long?

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!  I hope you have a great day!



Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps: Reverse Confetti Love & Ice Cream
Dies:  Reverse Confetti Love & Ice Cream, Star Garland, Double Edge Scallop Border, Tag Me Too, Tag Me
Pattern Paper Pebbles "Garden Party" 6x6'
Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh (pink), Serendipity Stamps (wood look)
Button Maya Road
5/8" Taffeta Robert Stanley (Hobby Lobby)
Ivory Button Thread May Arts
Glitter Martha Stewart

7 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so cute!

Kim Heggins said...

This is about the yummiest card EVER!!!! I love it Jeanne.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Came here to comment on our cute Fusion card this week with fun paper! BUT, i'll be happy to comment on this darling card instead. So cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous and you applied the glitter is all the right places! Pinning this for sure!

Renee said...

This is just so YOU!!
The papers and colors...
and the embellies...
so much fun...
love it!! :)

Marybeth said...

Yummy and sweet as can be! I love that spoon too and of course all the wonderful patterned papers you bring to life!

~amy~ said...

Definitely DELISH!
Thanks for playing with us at SFYTT!