Tuesday, June 30, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions Rewind

It's the last day of the month and that means it's time for the 12 Kits of Occasions!  The 12 Kits is a group of 12 friends who love to make cards.   Each month we take turns supplying the group with a "kit" full of goodies (stamped images, pattern paper, die cuts and embellies).  On the last day of the month we all post what we made with the kit.  It's fun to see how our designs are the same or different.   I don't know if you noticed but there are only 11 of us right now so we decided this month that we would case each other using some of the left over supplies from the kits that we didn't use.  The hard part this month?  What card to case, and "do I have everything I need left over to make it?" I personally don't like to copy a design exactly as is.  I always try to switch things up a little bit to "make them mine".  So I  improvised a little bit and here's what I came up with. 

 Cathy Weber's Card .. so much I loved about this... the layers especially!!
My case of Cathy.  I colored the starburst with a gold leaf pen and kept my design monochromatic.  
 Lindsey's card!  Wow!  I loved those sugared up strawberries and had to try this!
My case of Lindsey!  Sugared Strawberries YES!!  And a few minor changes to the layout.  I added twine and a little button to replace the gingham tab on her original design.
 I loved Marybeth's clean design and how she paired the little bird with the music.  The sequins are so pretty too! 
 My case of Marybeth's design.  Only one change to the layout -  I used pattern paper as my base.
This card from Joyce was the perfect mix of paper and pattern and I was smitten with the way she matched the colors - so striking!
 
 I kept with Joyce's layout an switched the theme to feminine!
 Loved the clean layout of Marybeth's design and those yummy enamel dots.
I moved the sentiment die cut up a little bit and added some Twinery Twine to my CASE of Marybeth's card.
 This one is from Sharron!  I loved how she colored the little birds - the rainbow of color was a delight for these eyes!
 I gave my birds a colorful coat but framed them in pattern paper from the kit.

There are still so many cards that I pinned that I didn't have a chance to get to.  I hope you'll stop by the 12 Kits blog where you can get a preview of the post from each of the designers and links to their blogs.  Just click here.

12 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

I just LOVE the 12 Kits of Occasions idea! There is so much creativity and inspiration from seeing what the group does with all the items! Great idea and beautiful cards!

Deepti said...

These are so fun! a delightful post :)

Nancy Penir said...

Looks like you had fun coming up with your own spin on each card. The mix of patterns are definitely Jeanne. All lovely!

Cathy Weber said...

I know I am smiling right now...bet everyone else is too! I love your leftovers and was so happy to see you used one of my cards as inspiration...lol...like you need it! I almost forgot those beautiful lovebirds perched on their branch and the deer card cased from Joyce is one of my favorites too. Just remembered the one with the musical notes...too many to remember without taking detailed notes! Really great job this month as always!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm seriously near to fainting....you are INCREDIBLE with creativity! Just when I think, "Ok, she'll take a break and slow down now"...you pick up speed double time and crank out even more amazingness! I LOOOOOOOOVE these. Those kits blow my mind...SO MUCH FUN!
Thanks for the fun times on your blog drooling and wishing I had your talent.
hugs,
Lisa x

Joyce said...

Wow, Jeanne. So many amazing cards. Love how you CASED our team mates, and I am especially honored that you chose one of mine to CASE.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....you did such a fabulous job with these leftovers. You are so amazing and I love each one of them. So impressive!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne love your take on each of the cards you cased. Beautifully done! They are all lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

What a brilliant idea to CASE your teammates!! Beautiful job with the leftovers Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Wpw, amazing cards! Love how you did CASEs from each kit. All of your designs are fabulous! And how sweet to have you CASE one of mine. Your version looks fantastic!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Jeanne!! Finally found a few spare moments since arriving back home. I adore that you not only used the leftovers but CASE'd one from each kit! Darling, wonderful, brilliant - love each and every single one...
=] Michele

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, how cool that you showed the card that you cased and then your creation! I think I love the farm one the best...the gold is beautiful in the sun burst!