Wednesday, June 3, 2015

SSCB#44 My Guy - Pheasants


So how is everybody doing? I was on vacation last week so now I'm trying to get caught up. At least we have groceries in the house and the laundry is caught up.  I  have to keep my priorities straight right? LOL! A happy husband is a fed husband.   And if DH isn't happy, then no one is happy!                                                                                                                          A new challenge begins on the first Wednesday of every month at Serendipity Stamps. This time we are looking for masculine cards - all ages for any occasion. Since Father's Day is this month I thought I'd make one for my dad. He worked for the railroad for so many years, and usually I would make something with one of the train images.  
Now that he is retired it seems like he's taking a little more time to stop and smell the roses. He loves looking out the window at the bird feeder and telling me the latest feathered friend to stop by, or some squirrel antics. I just know he will love this pheasant image.  He would always look for them at work in the open area in the train yard.
Mary always gives the design team a little extra challenge.  This time she asked us to add some texture to our designs.   I added some Twinery Solid Cappuccino twine and a die cut piece of wood veneer.  The border die is from the Stitched Borders Three from Pretty Pink Posh.  Did you know that Serendipity stocks Pretty Pink Posh dies?   They are a wonderful compliment to your stamped images and a great addition to any die collection.  I reach for these almost every day. 

The Relax die is from Serendipity - there are lots and lots of word dies to choose from.  The wood look sequins are from Serendipity too - they come in three different wood tones and look great mixed together or with colored sequins. 
Want to go shopping?  Our stamp of the month at 50% off is the Grill.  You can find it in the store here.
For more masculine designs from the DT just click the names below to hop to their blogs!  We have a very special guest this month too!!  Tracey McNeely!  I love how she translates these detailed images with her CAS style.


I hope you'll join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  Have a great day!





Supplies Used: Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps Pheasants
Dies: Serendipity Stamps "Relax", Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 3
Sequins: Serendipity Stamps
Pattern Paper Basic Grey Hipster 12 x 12"
Twinery Twine Solid Cappuccino
Wood Veneer EK Success
Washi Chugoku

7 comments:

pam said...

Fantastic male card design Jeanne, love this beautiful Pheasant stamp, would be ideal for my DH..

Pam x

Renee said...

Fabulous...
as always! :)

Marybeth said...

Wonderful added texture and I love the stamped image uncolored and then a wonderful mix of patterned paper ...like only you can do.

Karen Amidon said...

Lots of textures going on here, awesome guy card. Love that you left the stamped image not colored.

McStamper said...

Love your ideas with the background paper and embellishments.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Jeanne! Love the monochromatic pheasant scene. Super layout!

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous and beautiful cards! I love your sweet shaker and your second card for a guy is just fabulous!