Monday, June 15, 2015

New Memory Box Challenge - Butterflies


I hope your week is off to a great start.   I had a bad weekend.  It started with Miss Moriko chewing the banister at the top of the steps and went downhill from there. I'm glad to put it behind me and keep moving forward.  It's a new day right?    If you're a fan of Memory Box dies you're going to love hearing that they've just started a new challenge!  It's a fun way to use your Memory Box dies and maybe win a prize!  They  will be issuing a new challenge monthly - for June the theme is Butterflies! You can get all the information here at the Outside the Box blog.  Just click on the challenge button on the side bar.  
I made two cards with the Fairyland Butterflies die.  Both designs are inlaid.  First I cut a card base from colored card stock.  Next I cut a slightly smaller white panel.  I die cut the butterflies, stamped the sentiment and then adhered this panel to the colored card base.  Next I cut the butteflies from s different shade of colored card stock and inlaid them into the open die cut shape letting the darker colored card stock peek through. 


 I think this design would be gorgeous in so many different colors don't you?
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a beautiful day - and of course a little time to play!! I'm also entering this at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  My favorite technique is playing with dies of course!!

Hugs!









Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies:  Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies
Card Stock
Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh

11 comments:

pam said...

Poor you Jeanne, Think Moriko likes wood!.
Beautiful cards, love the butterfly die and gorgeous colors.

Hugs Pam x

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in both colors Jeanne! love those embedded butterflies!

Donna said...

Pretty :)

Joyce said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your bad weekend. Hopefully, the rest of your week will go better. Your cards are stunning. Just beautiful! I am going to see if I have any MB butterflies, so I can play along.

ionabunny said...

Ooh, lovely. That butterfly die is gorgeous. Hugz

Kim Heggins said...

so sorry to hear about your weekend, so sorry and I pray things will get better, lots better. From the looks of your two stunning cards, things did tend to pick up just a bit. So so gorgeous! Wishing you a fabulous week!

Marybeth said...

Im sorry you had a bad weekend, friend! You sure made some gorgeous butterfly cards. Love them in both colors! CAS perfection!

Kara Lynne said...

So sorry to hear about your bannister! I love your cards, that inlay is wonderful!

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cards -- I also adore your staging~

Kara said...

such a cool die and cards!!