Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fusion - Bright Butterfly

What crazy weather we're having in the Chicago area.  It hardly feels like summer at all.  Today.. more rain.  Seems like it's been raining every day for a week.  Temps vary from hot and humid to down right chilly.  Where is the summer sunshine??  The only rainbow I can find is that I don't have to water the garden.   Some things are popping up.. others.. it's like the seeds are dormant or perhaps.. say it aint so.. non existent?  I've replanted several items as I've found some empty shells (pumpkin, zucchini and sunflower).  And other items I've found relocated.. I have some melon or squash (not sure yet - they look the same) AND corn growing in front of the house with my evergreens!  I wonder what the neighbors will think of that.  I'm not sure if I should pull them or let them thrive where they are!  Crazy chipmunks!!  They're making me crazy!


A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge.  It's a two week challenge and I hope you find some time to play.  It's the last one for the summer - we'll be taking  a little time off and be back in the fall.   This one is so pretty isn't it?  That beautiful blue butterfly is so striking against the background of colorful flowers.  Of course this is Fusion so you don't have to work with the inspiration photo - you can use the sketch if you like.  OR YES!! Mix them both together like I did!  In place of the star I added a pretty die cut butterfly!
 
I created the background with a daisy stamp from the Serendipity Stamps Flower Pop set.  I cut several masks by stamping the image on a pad of post it notes and then cut several at one time.   After all the stamping and masking was done I colored up the flowers in Copic Markers.  All that was left was to layer the background and embellish with gems.
I double layered the "dream" die cut to give it more pop - so it wouldn't disappear into the background.  I used the same colors as the butterfly.
Need a little more inspiration?  Stop by the Fusion Card Challenge blog!  The design team is amazing and I know they're going to knock your socks off!  I hope I see you there!  And have a great summer! 











Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Flower Pops 
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Dream, Memory Box Lunette Butterfly, Oriel Butterfly
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers
Gems

7 comments:

BenteS said...

Love your card and the colors you have used for the background,
so bright and vivid.
Gives me the summer feeling ;))

Julia Aston said...

This bright photo is sure 'right up your alley" Jeanne!! and you've done it proud! Wonderful florals and butterfly on this! Julia xx

Deepti said...

Fabulous cards! Your fusion card is the prettiest !

Vickie Z said...

Oh girl those flower pops are gorgeous!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Joanne! Love all the bright and cheerful colors! That butterfly looks amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne, your coloring is gorgeous! This is stunning!!

Kelly S. said...

SPECTACULARNESS!