Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Waltzingmouse October Pajama Party!!

Are you staying up tonight?  I sure hope so!!!  Maybe you have a few projects for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party?    If not there is still some time to play!   Its a great opportunity to see lots of examples of projects to make with your Waltzingmouse Stamps, and who knows?  Maybe you will win some goodies too!   

Here's the challenges you can enter...  I copied the challenge descriptions from Claire's Blog.... 

1Texturise it - Ok for this project - now listen carefully - we want you to make a project featuring embossed textures, BUT we want you to use something OTHER THAN embossing folders...one idea that springs to mind is to die cut a shape and use that to emboss your surface, or maybe you can run a lovely detaied die through with just the tan mat and see how that comes out and what you can do with it...I'm sure you all hava a million ideas for this one...lol!
For this one I made a Halloween card featuring Wanda - my favorite Halloween Witch.  For the background I took a big background die - Poppystamps Luxe Background, and debossed it.  This was super simple running it through my die cut machine with a rubber mat.  I got a nice deep impression and I think the swirls are perfect for Halloween!

I added lots of silver accents including a few fancy embossed die cuts.  The bow was made with a 6" wide piece of tulle.  It scrunches down really nice and holds its shape well.  I topped that with a button twine bow and a shiny rose gem button.
2. Snow is falling - Make a project featuring snow - you can either stamp a snowy scene, die cut a few snowflakes, add flock or glitter, any interpretation you like, but we must be able to recognize it as snow!
3. Old Pajamas -  Make a project using any of your older Waltzingmouse Christmas sets - I'm going to ask some of the DT to play along with us, we're going to dig out our Yonder Star stamp sets!

Here's my project featuring Yonder Star!  I added in the coordinating Back In The Saddle, and Way Out West sets.  To make it a little more Christmas I added some holly and berry gem accents. 


4. Bedtime Story Sketch - Here is sketch no.7 - Go ahead and create now - and your card will be ready to link up when we open the PJ party on the 14th! Like the other challenges links for this challenge will remain open for 24 hours, so you will still have time to play on the night! 


I'm looking forward to seeing what you make for the PJ Party tonight!










Products Used:  
Wanda The Witch    Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5" 
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps  Halloween Party
Dies:  Waltzingmouse Halloween Party, Poppystamps Luxe Background, Spellbinder Nested Lacey Pennants, Joy 6002/0146 and 6002/0149
Card Stock:  Foil American Crafts, PTI True Black
6" Tulle Hobby Lobby, Silver Netted Lace and Black Button Twine May Arts
Gem Flower Button Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Ink:  Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black
Misc:  Silver Beads
Gems Recollections

Happy Winter      Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5" 
Waltzingmouse Stamps:  Warm Fuzzies 
Card Stock PTI White, Aqua Mist
Fresh Impress Pigment Ink
Pearls (Michael's Recollections)

Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border One
Holiday Howdy    Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5" 
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Yonder Star, Back IN The Saddle, Way Out West
Dies:  Waltzingmouse Yonder Star Cut Files, Spellbinder Standard Circles, Inverted Scalloped Circles
Twinery Twine Solid  Marachino
Gems  Paper Studio
Card Stock:  PTI Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderful inspiration tonight, Jeanne. Witchy poo is surrounded with elegant inky texture. The silver makes her pop. Love red and white anywhere! Has to be my fav. And the sweet snowy one layer is lovely in soft pastel.

Julia Aston said...

Love that witch card Jeanne! the silver looks so spooky cool with the black - lovely textures on this!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne all these cards are wonderful, but that first one is absolutely amazing! I was.... like..... how did she do that! You are the queen of creativity!

Claire said...

You obviously had a busy week preparing for the PJ party Jeanne - I think the witch is my favourite. She looks like me when I'm telling the kids off. Love the debased background and the silver die cuts!