Wednesday, October 15, 2014

SSCB#36 - Fall Challenge

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  Can you believe it's Wednesday already?  I think it must be the kids being off school for Fall break... there's lots of activity in the house and I don't feel like I'm getting much done.   DH is having a card party on Friday.  I'll be cooking for the boys so I've been busy shopping.  With the driveway still "under construction" it's a job unloading the car.  I'm going to leave the heavy lifting of the "beverages" to him.  The guys take turns going to a different home for every game so I don't have to do this too often.

We are at the half way point of the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge.  We start a new challenge on the first Wednesday of every month.  On the third Wednesday of the month we show more cards and give you a gentle reminder that there is still time to play.   The challenge this month is FALL,   It's a good time to play - and you might just win a $20 gift code off your next order.  Everyone is a winner because the sale this week is “Buy 3, Get the 4th Free”   good through Oct 22nd.
 The "Boo!" die is part of the latest release.  I colored up the image of Kitty and Jack with Copic markers.  I actually tried it two different ways - one in watercolor and one with Copic.  The watercolor was nice and bold,but the blending just didn't look right to me - so I went with this one. 
I have a little Fall tag for you today too.  I stamped a light orange paper with the pretty Wood Background stamp in a darker orange ink. and then cut out the Oak Leaf Scroll Die.  I cut a second tag in aqua blue and then glued the two tags together.  Last I inlaid the pretty die cut leaf.   

The design team all made Halloween cards for this challenge.  I hope it puts you in the mood to celebrate!  And our special guest this month is  Julia Stainton!!  


Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day!



Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5.5 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity  Stamps Kitty and Jack, 
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Boo!, Cheery Lynn Horizon French Flair, L12 French Flair Classic
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Witch Hazel 8x8"
Card Stock:  PTI True Black, White, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Black
Twinery Twine Solid Charcoal
5/8" Stitched Grosgrain - Michaels

Tag:  
Serendipity Stamps:   Wood Background Stamp, For You SM
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Oak Leaf Scroll Die, PTI Tag Sale #6
Twinery Twine Caribbean
Ink:  Memento Luxe Morocco, Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock:  PTI Aqua Mist, Terra Cotta Tile, SU! Crisp Cantaloupe

10 comments:

Karen Amidon said...

I'm loving the orange, black and aqua! Kitty and Jack is a favorite and your card is fabulous! Your leaf tag is so clever too, love those colors!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a wonderful card, Jeanne! Your coloring looks super on this & I love the purple sky. Cute little tag, too!

Marybeth said...

What a fun Halloween card Jeanne! You are getting use out of your colics and that should make DH happy. Love your patterned paper and black bow . I need to see if I even have that boo die... I might have missed it.
I used to be in a girl poker group for over 12 years it was a blast and we did the same and all took turns having it. Every Monday Night!

Miriam said...

Great cards Jeanne! Especially love the wood grain on the tag and inlaid leaf! Cute!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

What great projects!! Love all the patterned papers and leaf die cut especially!

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks...those colors are so vibrant on the Halloween card and a tag....LOVE!!

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful creations Jeanne! love the image and pretty papers on your Halloween card - and the woodgrain and embedded die cut is lovely on your leaf tag!

Wida said...

spooky! i like the sideways bow!!

Sharron said...

Love these fall creations! The Halloween image on the first card is wonderfully colored and the 'boo' is fantastic! Great tag too--the woodgrain background is perfect with your leaf.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great projects! I really love the papers on the card and the coloring i just the right intensity to match it. Gorgeous leaf die on the tag too!