Thursday, October 30, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions


It's time for the latest edition of  The 12 Kits of Occasions!  Just to refresh your memory, the 12 Kits is a group of 12 designers.  Every month one of us provides a kit of goodies to the rest of the group and an occasional guestie.  .  We all post on the last day of the month - it's fun to see what we make with the same kit.  Our hostess this month is Jessica Davis from The Paper Parade!  You might also know Jessica from her time as a DT member on the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge!  She gave us a wonderful kit packed with pretty papers from Stampin' Up! stamped images from Paper Smooches, Avery Elle and Papertrey Ink.   Seriously just about everything you need to make lots of beautiful cards!


Sometimes there is an element that I'm not sure what to do with.  I think I might have just been hoarding this time - saving for that special card - but just a heads up - the thing I didn't use was the wood veneer ribbon strip (its in the upper left corner photo).   I can't wait to see how the other ladies put it to work. I have 5 cards so I'll keep this short.  I know there's more you want to see!! 
  
 
Wasn't that fun?  Here's a list of the other members of the 12 kits.  I hope you have fun seeing what we all did with the same bunch of supplies!  And keep an eye out for that wood ribbon strip!! 

You can also get sneak peeks of one project from each of the ladies as well as a complete list of ingredients on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog.  One more day til Halloween - yes!  I can't help it!  Counting down here!!





Things I added:
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace, Zig Zag Stitch
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Oak Leaf Scroll Die, Oak Leaf Outline and Acorn , Paper Smooches Flag Tags, Loopy Leaf, Tag Zig Zag, Cheery Lynn Canadian Kaleidoscope Mini Doily, French Pastry, Marianne Double Die Frame Set, 
Leaf Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Button Twine May Arts
Gold Shimmer, Marigold, Honeydew, Lilac Twine - TheTwinery
Buttons, Heart Gems, Sequins
Embossing Folder Paper Studio Herringbone (Hobby Lobby)
Burlap Chevron Ribbon Stampin Up!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your ideas for the twelve Kits of Occasions. What an awesome idea! This group is so colorful and whimsical. Beautiful layouts, Jeanne!

Cathy Weber said...

Leave it to you to come up with so many great cards with Jessica's kit...love the coloring on the cute little red riding hood girl and you created such a cute little scene with her. I also really loved the Chief Crafty Pants card...so cute how you cut the two sentiments and added the little doily behind him.

Anonymous said...

Love your creations, too cute!! Joleen

Nancy Penir said...

Love each and every happy card! Jeanne, you make fall's muted color scheme bright and happy! Lovely assembly of the elements.

Lindsey said...

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing you are! I'm looking at your cards and recognizing the elements in the kit and at the same time O can hardly believe we had the same kit. You truly have a magic touch! PS I did the same thing wih that super cool ribbon, and then I totally forgot about it! I've gotta pull that out.

Marybeth said...

I love how much of the kit you were able to use on these adorable cards! You layered and embleshed each one perfectly .

Nancy said...

You did a great job. Are these kits available only to the design team, or can others buy them? I think my mojo got up and went and sometimes a kit can be just the think to get it to come back. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne.....I so appreciate all the love you left on my blog today! Thanks for following me and I will do the same in return! Just scrolled through your blog and your work is wonderful! Honestly, I have visited you many times before as well. Your photography skills are awesome, maybe you could give me some pointers! I really need them! Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I am already following you...no wonder I have seen your work before....:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne what a beautiful collection of cards. You always manage to surprise me with how many die cut you use and still keep your designs easy on the eyes! As I have said before I would love to play in your craft room with your dies and you as the teacher. Awesome colouring, the chief is so darn cute, love the colours you used.

Kara said...

awesome cards! your little scene stole my heart!

Joyce said...

Fantastic bunch of cards, Jeanne. You really took advantage of so many elements in the kit. I love how you used the colors, as well. I think my favorite is your Chief Crafty Pants! How cute is that!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...you totally rocked this kit! So many wonderful cards and so many amazing little details on each and everyone of them. I so missed the boat on using the turkey and the pot together and it looks so amazing. As always, I am happy to say that I still have plenty of left overs to play with and will find lots of wonderful inspiration on your blog.

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Jeanne, you really have a marvelous talent for layering!! Each of these cards is a scene that tells a story! I'm in awe!! Hugs, Darnell

Sharron said...

Oh, I knew your cards would blow me away! You always do such incredible things with the kit elements. Love all the layering! Because I fell in love with the AE images, my favorite is your little scene with Red and the fox--absolutely adorable!! Your coloring looks great too. And Chief Crafty brought the biggest smile--such a fun card!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne, you do such beautiful layering. I am mesmerized by the way you know just where to put everything and what papers to use! My favorite is the first one. I love the pumpkin with the deep purple behind with the pops of yellow, orange, and green. The sweet scene with red riding hood looks adorable with the wood heart. Chief crafty pants is cracking me up... and the give thanks card? LOVE the colors and patterns!