Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tag You're It Challenge #9 Fall Thanks Tag

I found some time to play!  I haven't been walking as much as I would like.  Poor Moriko has a sprain and she just got spayed last Thursday so I'm supposed to restrict her activity.  I should go walking alone for my own health, but she just gives me that look like I'm some sort of a bad mom or something so I will wait for someone else to get home and keep her company.    


I am so hooked on Tag You're It!  Challenge that it's not even funny!   I'm starting to assemble a little stock pile of tags - so I will have no excuses for handing out any plain bags of treats and baked goods.  I know my kids would be shocked if I did anyway.  I think we all eat with our eyes so it's not just about the cookies, the presentation make them taste even better!  Look at this great design by Leigh Penner this time.   It would have been so easy for me to just copy these because let's face it... I know they're just perfect 'as is'.  I wanted to use the design as a starting point and let them inspire me.  I thought these were so clever the way she used the die to cut the pattern paper and even slipped in a bit in the die cut spaces.  I was inspired by her design to create this fall tag.   I used pattern paper for both halves of the tag and tried a technique I've been seeing around, but hadn't tried.  


I cut the Thanks die 6 times and then glued them all together.  Not as easy as I thought it would be.  I kept a piercing tool  handy to help me keep them all stacked straight.  The top die is cut in terracotta tile. All the cuts under the top one are in Orange Zest.   The leaf is  a wood veneer cut that I covered in Glossy accents and sprinkled with gold glitter.  

 Have I told you I'm addicted to tulle?  This gold one has all sorts of sparkles and confetti built in and just gotta say it makes a nice light weight poofy bow!

If you want to play along you still have plenty of time.  You can get all the details here at Tag You're It! Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you find some time to play!








Supplies:
Dies:  MFT Tag You're It!, Wplus9 Thanks 
Pattern Paper Echo Park Autumn Collection 6x6"
Wood Veneer Leaf Stampin Up!
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
3" Gold Tulle and 1/8" Gold Chevron Ribbon Hobby Lobby 

6 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love the blingy tulle, too! Compliments your glittered leaf perfectly!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...how can you fit so much gorgeous and beautiful details on one little tag? My sweet friend you truly have the gift for creating wonderful treats. This is just amazing.

Marybeth said...

Not sure if I already commented on this one.
I love that gold tulle , I had haven’t used any in a long time and it makes a perfect tag bow. Sweet glittered fall leaf. Thanks for joining us at: Tag You’re It!

Jill Norwood said...

Such a pretty tag Jeanne! I love that stacked die cut! I just tried it for the first time this week too thought I haven't posted what I made. LOL! Love the golden tulle at the top! Gorgeous! I am trying to walk too! The rain in Seattle makes it a constant challenge! LOL! :)

Marion said...

LOve all that sparkle! Thanks for playing along this week at TYI :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love your mix of patterned paper & your sentiment diecut really pops! Great take on my tags!