Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - Woodgrain Flowers

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  Lots going on today!  I told you!  Thursday is the busiest day of the week for me!  LOL!!   I hope you have time to  stop and look around.  There is a new release at Pretty Pink Posh - I'm their guestie this month, and CardMaker Magazine Blog is hopping with Inchie Arts!  Today also marks the beginning of the latest challenge at Fusion Card Challenge!

Daisy Basket Small
Fusion is always lots of fun because they provide an inspiration photo as well as a sketch.  You can play with either or BOTH!  I always try to put them together!  I zoomed in on the wood grain background and created a base from patterned paper.  Next I had to think about how to incorporate the daisies into the little peek a boo windows.   I used this large daisy basket stamp and selected little portions of it to show.  It was easy to decide where to cut using an open window die as a frame.  I colored them up with Copic markers adding accents in purple like the photo.  Instead of the stripes on the sketch I wrapped twine around my die cut and added the sentiment as a bitty tag.   

 

Ready to see more projects from the rest of the design team?  Just click on their names here to jump to their blogs!


Remember you have two weeks to play along, and I do hope you join us at Fusion Card Challenge!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Large Daisy Basket, Small Thank You
Dies:  Poppystamps Lyndon Butterfly, MFT Peek A Boo Trio, Spellbinder Standard Circles, Charmed I'm Sure
Ribbon:  1/4" White Crochet Trim May Arts
Twinery Twine Honeydew
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Pattern Paper: Crate Paper DIY Shop 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI Simply Chartreuse, White, Royal Velvet

8 comments:

Alanna said...

A beautiful card. I love the sketch and those gorgeous flowers.

Cathy Weber said...

This was a perfect stamp to use with the inspiration photo Jeanne...love the triple basket and the woodgrain in the background.

Deepti said...

This is lovely!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super wonderful!!! Love the entire design!! WOW, what a great peek aboo surprise behind the cut outs!! LOVE!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you spotlighted little sections of that basket stamp Jeanne - your woodgrain background is beautiful!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love the yellow here, it really draws out the richness of this gorgeous card!

Sharron said...

The stamp works beautifully for this challenge. Love your wonderful windows full of pretty daisies! And the yellow butterfly is a perfect accent!

Anonymous said...

Your work is stunning and your photography skills are amazing as well....love your attention to details. Do you use light box or natural light?