Thursday, October 9, 2014

CardMaker and Inchies Blog Hop!

Hello and Welcome!   Today the CardMaker Blog DT and the folks at Inchie Arts have teamed up for a blog hop to show you lots of projects made with their wonderful Inchie Squares.  If you are hopping along you should have reached me from CardMaker Magazine Blog. That's also where you can get all the details about today's hop.  Inchie Arts is also having a give away today - you can read more here.

So what exactly are "Inchie Squares"?  They are high quality matboard squares.  They are ideal for stamping, coloring, painting, embossing, collage, and detailed ink work.   They come in different sizes and colors too. 
My first card features a beautiful fall scene.  The images were stamped with pigment Ink, and the color is crisp and clean!  I used both the 1" as well as 3" squares on this project

For my second project I stamped spooky Halloween images on 1" Inchie Squares and then distressed the edges.    I mounted them on die cut squares that resemble stamps and arranged them in two rows.  Some gems, a pretty bow topped with a paper flower, and a beaded spray I found in the wedding section of the craft store make this look really fussy. 
Ready to see more Inchie works of art?  Your next stop is Mae Nazareth! 


For your convenience, here's a complete list of everyone with projects today!  Don't forget to check out Inchie Arts to get more information on the prize and how to win!
 
Blog Hop List
Jeanne Jachna  That's Me!!










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees
Patterned Paper October Afternoon Campfire 8x8"
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Impress Fresh Ink
Pearls

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Halloween Party, Hocus Pocus
Pattern Paper:  Stampin' Up! Howlstooth & Scaringbone 12 x 12"
Card Stock:  PTI True Black, Vintage Cream
Dies:  Spellbinder Postage Stamps, Nested Pennants, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One
1/4" Silver Ric Rac, 5/8" Knotted Edge Satin Black May Arts
Beaded Spray Hobby Lobby
Star Pin Maya Road
Paper Rose Iamroses.com
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Antique Linen

36 comments:

Debbie said...

love these... fun fall card!

Theresa Momber said...

Wonderful cards! I love both designs. The Halloween one is so festive and fun!

Nikki said...

What a fun halloween card it such a great idea :)

richardbreaks said...

I love your trees!!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be - love that both designs are so different!

Cathy Weber said...

I can't keep up with you today...you have been so busy! Cute little inchies and what a fun way to use all the little tiny images from your stash!

Piali said...

WOW!!! Beautiful cards!!!

Brooke said...

Love, love, love both of your cards!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea to have squares that fit your design without having to do a lot of cutting.
thanks for sharing a pretty card.

Chark said...

ok, these are just wonderful--love them both!

Unknown said...

These are both fantastic! I love the bright colors on the trees one :) The spooky one is super fun, too! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome cards. I just bought some twinchies, so I'm looking forward to playing with those. Thanks for the inspiration!

cm said...

Two eye-catching cards; perfect showcases for the charming images and inchies!
~c

Bunny said...

Great fall colors on the cards. Love the little inchies.

Beverly Perdue said...

Both of your projects are amazing! Love your choice of papers and colors.

Lisa Lee said...

fabulous cards!!

Sue D said...

Very fun and colorful fall card and spooky Halloween inchie card.

Rubeena I. said...

how nice!

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

great cards...love them both~!

Beth Norman said...

Your cards are lovely. I'm particularly fond of the trees. So bright and colourful.

Unknown said...

Love the tile effect. And the bright cheery colors!

Jennie said...

Beautiful cards! I am ready for fall!!!

Sharon said...

Fun cards. Love the Halloween one!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Especially love your fall season thank you card! So gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love the fall leaves!

Barb Schmidt said...

What a neat idea for using Inchies. Awesome cards.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love what you have done with the inchies, LOVE the postage stamp bordering them!!!!

Eileen Esposito said...

Impressive stamping. I really like the thank you card!

Papertangler said...

I am cramming my head full of ideas. I like how you used the inchied as embellishment on card 1. And I like how you placed the rhinestone spray right on top of the inches on card 2. I would have been afraid to do that.

Patty said...

These inchies are so cool! Love the cards!

Sharron said...

Fantastic use of your inches--both cards are great! Love the mod trees!

Sharron said...

Misspelled 'inchies' above! I'm getting so bad about not checking my notes before I press publish!!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! I love the pretty colors on your first card, and the fun Halloween theme on the second!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning projects Jeanne! I love them both!

Katie said...

Two wonderful cards! I love how the halloween card has the stamp behind the square, and the gems on top. Very cool ideas. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Julie S said...

Very clever idea! Love your creativity!