Friday, October 18, 2013

Waltzingmouse Pajama Party!

Are you playing along with the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party?  If not there is still time!  Gotta tell you that  I love a challenge - it's a great excuse to pull out my favorite set of stamps an get inky.  What I like even better is seeing the other projects linked up by the people playing along.  It is a way to see the stamps I own through the eyes of someone else!   And if that wasn't enough motivation - yes there are prizes!!!  Claire has four ghoulishly wonderful challenges you can choose from this time!   If you want to get all the details and see the different challenges Claire has posted click here.  

I'm playing along with Challenge 2 - Vintage Ghost Stories.     When I was a kid I loved watching Creature Features and classic black and white science fiction like The Blob, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Dracula...... oh and who can forget Vincent Price in all the Poe Stories like the Masque of the Red Death and The Pit and The Pendulum?    The first poetry I was introduced to .. Robert Frost, and Emily Dickinson - but the one that captivated me the most?  Edgar Allan Poe with The Raven of course!    So when I saw the new Witching Hour and All Hallow's Eve sets I was again - enchanted!  
I love the contrast of elegant (to attract you of course) - with eerie.  I water marked the music paper with "Splat That!" inked up in Antique Linen to give it a more aged and weathered look.

Thanks for stopping by!  I am looking forward to seeing your creations!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse All Hallows Eve, Splat That
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Union Square 6x6
Card Stock:  PTI Black, Antique Linen
Ink:  Memento Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Dies:Marianne LR0240, Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Nested Lacy Pennants
Ribbon:  1 1/2" Black Net, Black Button Twine May Arts
Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Misc:  Metal Corner and Button

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Oh, there's that neat spiderweb like ribbon...love it and it is so perfect for Halloween. That is a spooky looking raven, and it looks so good with all the dark colors you used today.

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is a great card Jeanne! I don't own any WMS halloween stamps as it's not celebrated so much in the UK, but I'll have to see if I can join in some of the future pyjama parties.

Julia Aston said...

Ohhhh - the raven ---- a wonderful classy spooky card Jeanne! I almost missed the splat watermarks on the music background - nice touch!! Love the frame and wonderful net ribbon!

Sharron said...

How clever to age your background with 'Splat'! Love the elegant touches on your spooky card! The pretty black frame and spidery netting make the perfect setting!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous as always! Love that ribbon you used, you always have the best ribbon. Oh how I remember the Blob ! Love this elegant card!

Pauline said...

Fabulosu as always Jeanne! Love the spooky crow (raven?) and the touch of elegance with that fancy frame and wonderful bow!

Deborah Frings said...

A really elegant Halloween card. Love the black net ribbon and the fabulous oval frame around the raven. Beautiful!

snowbear said...

I love all of the elements of this card.. lovely!

Vickie Z said...

LOVE this Raven and the Edgar Allen Poe quote.... so vintage spooky!!The net bow is fabulous!! Hope you're having a great WE.... well, you are.... at least until the washing machine comes :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one spooky card Jeanne, from your amazing background paper to that stunning choice of ribbon and all the way down to that silver button, just the right amount of creepiness to make this one fabulous Halloween card.

Renee said...

Spookingly gorgeous!!
And Poe!
My first Poe experience came in a small collection of classics...
The Tell Tale Heart...
and of course then I wanted to read them all and now I'm a fan of The Following so I died when I saw The Raven...
Claire did him to perfection!
I love the aged "Splat That" on the background...
that frame and perfect bow! :)