Thursday, October 10, 2013

CASology - CRISP Vampire Bites

I thought I'd give some new challenges a try and have been stalking CASology lately.    If you know me CAS is way out of my comfort zone.  I am always in awe of my friends that work this style to perfection - the white "negative" spaces never looking empty.  I'm always trying to grow and try new things - and thought I would be brave and start playing here a little more often when I have time.   

The challenge this week is "CRISP" and you are allowed to interpret it as you like.  Crisp to me turned into some crisp, clean, die cut bats!  I've got Halloween on the brain.  I've started buying bags of Pumpkin Spice, and Candy Corn flavored M&M's (have you seen those???) , Dark Chocolate Nonpareils in beautiful fall colors, and gummies in all different shapes!  So yes! Time to think about packaging and making them a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy.

I made these simple bat tags to tie around some goodies.  I just die cut a bat from pattern paper, distressed the edges, and punched a hole in the tip of the wing.  I threaded the hole with a thick burlap cord and layered the sentiment with more die cuts.  It was so fun and easy that I made lots in different patterns.  

So what's in the bag?  Apple Chips!!  Crispy enough?  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Midnight Feast

Card Stock:  True Black, Orange Zes
Die Cuts:  Spellbinder Nested Bats, Classic Ovals, Ribbon Buckles

Fiber:  Natural Twisted Burlap May Arts
Pattern Paper:  Authentique Glowing & Enchanted Collections 6x6" Pad
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Now that is brilliant Jeanne! Yum! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Marybeth said...

Perfect! Love those bat tags!

Kara said...

cool! love that orange houndstooth!

Ardyth said...

These are fun additions to fall treats! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....these are just stunning and so spooky too. I love those large bats and that sentiment, just so perfect with them. Beware, I may just have to make a trip to your house to do a bit of trick or treating and then a bit of crafting too. Love them.

Joyce said...

Look at you, girl. Playing in the CAS playground. Yay. These are fantastic, and you are proving, once again, that you are the master of every crafty style.

Renee said...

These are so incredibly cool...
love your take on CRISP! :)

Cathy Weber said...

What a great take on the cue word Crisp Jeanne...love that cute bat all stamped in houndstoooth and the neat Ribbon buckle die. I have never seen that one. Halloween must be really fun over at your house!

Judy1223 said...

What a fun set of Halloween bat tags...very cool! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Sharron said...

What a fun take on the cue word--very cool! Love the great patterns you chose for the bats.

Jen W. said...

Your houndstooth bat is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Mandy LaCroix said...

LOVE your Halloween work! HOW CUTE!!!! =)