Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash


The Paper Sweeties are sponsoring the 10 Minute Craft Dash this week so the DT is playing along.  I've only played here a few times because I like to take my time when enjoying my favorite escape.    And well... I'll be honest... I'm a big lover of fancy die cuts and fru fru bows and I knew that those wouldn't work with this challenge so I had to do a little thinking outside my "comfort" zone for this! I know sometimes you just have to "get it done" in a rush when there is an event that has escaped your mind - or DH springs something on you.  I gave myself a pep talk and got to work!  I love a challenge!  This color combination made it easy - some of my favorite colors to mix together that always remind me of Christmas (red, teal and olive).   

Here's what I came up with. I wanted to do something classic "Paper Sweeties" style and include an image of the girls, but knew I wouldn't have time to color or fussy cut so I stamped Emma on some pattern paper and let the colors in the background speak for themselves.  I skipped my die cuts and used paper punches - hand trimming the pennant ends.  I still had a little time to add some twine and embellish with a few enamel dots too!

No excuses now!  I did it - and so can you!    At least I hope you will give it a try!  Maybe you will win some Paper Sweeties stamps too!  Good Luck!!  Here's a link to the challenge.



Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties:  Emily, You Are Fabulous
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey "Hey You!" & "Hey Girl!" 6x6 Pads
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Punches:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace, FIskars Circle
Enamel Dots:  Teresa Collins
Twinery Maraschino Twine

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Seriously? Under 10? You totally rocked this sweet number!

Renee said...

I'm gonna ditto Tracey...
under 10 minutes!!
This challenge is my extreme sports...
gets my heart racing and I break out in a sweat...
such a rush!
And yes...
you rocked it! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!! :)

Sharron said...

Adorable! And just 10 minutes--Amazing!!

Marybeth said...

Way to go and in under 10 minutes! Nice!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh, this turned out so cute! I love love your 10 minute make! You rocked it lady! This is totally adorbs!