Saturday, October 19, 2013

Clearly Besotted Challenge #5 Autumn

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is doing something fun today. It's cold and overcast today here in the Chicago area. DH is checking some things off the "honey do" list. I'm still without a clothes washer - we picked a new one out last night. As soon as it appears I will be missing in action. I can't tell you how high the mountain of dirty clothes is getting. It's been a week now. So what's for me to do? Sneak off and make a card for the Clearly Besotted challenge of course. This time the theme is fall. I have several of their sets but not the new Autumn  Flowers set.   I decided on a gorgeous bouquet of flowers in pretty fall colors.
These solid stamps gave me some trouble with the dye ink I was using.  I am trying to wait patiently for the new pigment inks I ordered earlier in the month - but didn't want to wait to play along.  I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but once I ran an eraser over the clear stamps to rough up the smooth surface things improved dramatically.  Do that first!!!

I hope you find some time to get your crafty on and have a beautiful day!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted Love Quotes
Pattern Paper My Minds Eye "In Bloom" 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, White, Antique Linen
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Tangerine Tango, Memento Pistachio, Tangelo, Cantaloupe
Ribbon:  1/4" Natural Crochet Lace, Natural Button Twine 5/8" Iridescent Ivory Taffeta May Arts
Button: Prima
Dies:  Spellbinder Framed Tags 1, Memory Box Palace Oval Frame

13 comments:

Ang said...

Really pretty. Love the button.
Ang

Tenia Nelson said...

So so GORGEOUS!!!!

Cathy Weber said...

You may have had trouble with the ink, but it sure doesn't show! Love those beautiful flowers in the Autumn colors. I always love your trademark orange cards!

Kara said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Paula S. said...

This is gorgeous! I often forget to do the eraser trick myslef but I agree that it does make a big differend especially whne the design includes bold solid areas.

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, these roses are simply gorgeous! And your colors are so beautiful, makes for such a sweet card. Loved your advice on the stamps too, I always forget do that. This is one amazing card sweetie!

Joyce said...

Perfect fall colors for those beautiful flowers. I love how you have arranged them on the card and that fun butterfly button.

Peanut said...

WOW! What a stunning autumn bouquet! Love it, Jeanne!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my oh my is this gorgeous! I love the beautiful colors and your layout and design is candy for the eye! Swooning I tell ya!

Oh, and I would be lost without my washer. I can't figure out how a family of three can generate so much laundry. I swear it multiplies in the hamper at night. :-)

Tracy Ercole said...

This is STUNNING!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous! I think I just might have to go and check out that set… or not because I bet I will want to buy it after seeing this beautiful card! wow!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jeanne! Gosh, those big, bold blooms steal the show, and I adore all your perfect, little details, too!

Stephanie said...

Simply breathtaking! Perfect arrangement of colours :) Thank you so much for joining the Clearly Besotted Challenge x