Monday, October 14, 2013

Lil' Inkers October Release - Merry Ornament


Have you seen there is a new release from Lil' Inker Designs this month?  I'm a lucky little brat - I get to join the design team as a guestie!  If you are hopping today you should have reached me from Amy Kolling's blog.  And if you are just a sweet friend stopping by and want to start from the beginning you can do that by clicking here.

There are lots of beautiful Christmas dies in the release this month - and they have the classic Lil Inker Design details that you've come to expect.  They are easy to mix and match with any of your existing Lil' Inker dies and stamps
I am absolutely smitten with the "Christmas Bits" set.   It includes 5 "MUST HAVE" dies that are perfect ways to embellish just about anything for the holidays - cards, tags, place cards, decorations, treats...   You get the picture.  The little gingerbread man has the classic Lil' Inker stitches you love, and the jingle bell has little star cut outs!  There is also a beautiful bitty pine tree (that I used as foliage) a bitty bow and an amazing cut out ornament.   Something about the ornament had a retro feel to me - or could it be that I am getting nostalgic about the holidays here?   Either way that's my story for this retro colored card with ric rac and glittery silver inlaid ornaments and I'm sticking to it! 
Before you go don't forget to leave a comment - there's some hidden candy on the hops and you have to leave a comment to enter to win.  The next stop on your hop is Jen Carter. Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will stop by tomorrow for more new release previews!

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Dies:  Lil' Inker Designs  Christmas Bits
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Make it Merry" Collection 8x8" 
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Plum Pudding, Hawaiian Shores, Glitter Paper SU!
Ribbon:  Hug Snug Lipstick Seam Binding, Ivory Button Twine,  1/4" Raspberry Ric Rac May Arts
Button, Pearls

42 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet card! I love the ornament die! Looks fabulous with some sparkle!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne such lovely details and I can see why you fell in love with this die set! Charming! So happy you are guest designing! What fun! :)

Kristen said...

I love the bright colors!!! :)

D- said...

I LOVE these sweet little ornaments. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Lindsey said...

Another gorgeous card! Loving that layered bow and the glittery ornaments.

Suzie Q said...

fab colourful card x

Carolyn said...

I think this card is my favorite so far. LOVE that ornament and the colors you used.

Bev Karolak said...

What a cute die set! Love your card! :)

LauraEva said...

What a great card----love the colors you used!

Laura Pryor said...

This has to be one of my favorites that you've made, Jeanne! I still can't get over how you used the tree as greens. I hadn't thought of that even and it TOTALLY works! And I just love how you backed your ornaments with glitter and topped them with bows. This is a total stunner.
Laura

Janice said...

Stunning, love everything about your gorgeous card!

Sue D said...

Oooh--love the sparkle and the colors and the music background.

Anonymous said...

Love that Merry die. Just adds so much character in the card.

Macarena said...

Wow! So uncommon fresh and vibrant colors as r the Christmas card! Love it!

Robin said...

Love the die cuts against the music note paper. Super cute. TFS

Mary-Anne V said...

How sweet...love the music sheet paper in the background and the sparkle behind the ornaments.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my this is so fun and I love the sparkle Miss Lady! Beautiful non-traditional colors! So so happy!

Sue McRae said...

Lots of great layering on this festive card!

Sharron said...

You are really rocking these new dies! Love your glitter backed ornament. And how clever to use the trees as greenery. Great way to show the versatility of this set!

cm said...

Stunning card; I can see why you're smitten with this set! Beautiful showcase of the new release, and such a festive *merry* card!
c

Unknown said...

Lovely! That glitter is stunning :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love how you showed off this pretty ornament die with glittery, sparkly silver behind the 'merry' cut out. Sensational card!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeanne, I can tell, you are one of those amazing crafters that can just toss things together, in the most wonderful way and have such a fulfilling, beautiful card. =D I should be following your blog.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Jeanne!

Karen Day said...

Love your bold colour combo, Jeanne!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love the way you used these new products! Love the look of your blog as well.

paperandflair said...

I love the Merry ornaments, the glitter background just makes them pop! And those bows are just too cute and versatile they can be used for any occasion.

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. I love those ornaments, and they look super paired with the music paper.

Billie A said...

Wonderful dies and great card and color choices. I like this.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love this card so much!

anja curvers said...

Really really great what a great way to use these dies. Thanks for showing.

loulou said...

Great card. I can see why you love this set. So many great dies. I love that merry ornament.

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome card!!!

Unknown said...

Cute Ornament!

canadian_liner said...

Loving the non-trad colours of your glitzy "merry" ornaments...I'm humming O Christmas Tree as I type...

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Awesomeness! Love how you did the ornaments.

Loly Borda said...

fabulous! TFS

Anonymous said...

the ornament die really worked well over the glitter paper. Hadn't seen that one before but I love it. thanks for sharing.

Jen Carter said...

I love how you added the bow at the top of the ornaments! And, of course I LOVE the bright colors you used! Super!

Renee said...

Another fabulous "Jeanne" creation...
love it!! :)

Brenda Lee said...

I just can't resist any thing that sparkles. Love the glittery background and the colors!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow love the glitter behind the dies!