Wednesday, October 2, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #160 - Apple Tree

Oh is there loads of fun in store for you this month at CASE STUDY CHALLENGE.  It's October so there is a new muse for the month... are you ready?   It's Elena from Just Me!  I love that CASE introduced me to another wonderful blog that I've been missing out on.  You need to go check her out!    Elena has some fab ideas for making ordinary things extra ordinary - shaped cards and invites, little decorated note books, fun ways to dress up gifts and so much more.


Check out the inspiration for this week's challenge  Who says you can't play with your food?  Every mom knows that you eat with your eyes and you have to make food fun - especially those veggies!  We always dress up food gifts in fun packaging and fancy tags, but this takes it to a whole new level!  How fun was this? Actually planting the little clothesline of banners inside the pie?  I love this!!  

My family was so happy with how I decided to spin this yummy little pie.     I got a vision of a tree sitting on top of a grassy green apple peeking up through a layer of caramel, and nutty chopped walnut landscape and this is what I came up with.  
I die cut this spooky tree in black card stock and mounted a glittery moon behind the branches. The sentiment was cut with a tombstone die.  Both were hot glued on to a wood skewer and inserted in the apple.  I left the grassy green top of the apple peeking out to look like a grassy hill. 

I can't wait to see all the different ways this one goes - will you choose to play with your food or make a cherry sweet card?  Maybe something layered with stripes or pennants?   See what the CASE Study Design Team did with this!  And don't forget to say Hi to our very special guestie is Michelle Williams from Amusing Michelle!!


Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!



Supplies Used:  
Dies:  Memory Box Grand Willow Tree, Spellbinder Nested Tombstones
Stamps:  Lil Inker Bats & Broomsticks
Card Stock:  PTI True Black, White, Recollections Glitter Card Stock
Wood Skewers
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

9 comments:

Elena said...

haha - my family loves when I party craft too! your project is amazing! I love the "grassy green apple" - I wouldn't have thought of that! fantastic!

JJ Bolton said...

Wow! This is just to die for! The apple and the decoration:) You do your own caramel? I'm so jealous!

Life is finally getting back to normal, so I'll be back visiting you again (missed you!). Hope you and the family are doing well!! Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what an amazing candy apple and your tree, so spooky and so fun! Fabulous treat Jeanne.

Joyce said...

This is insanely cute and delicious, too. What a clever idea. I wish I lived closer, because I would come over and eat this fabulous project.

Sharron said...

Wow, VERY creative and yummy too! Your tree & moon are wonderful and you were so clever to use a green apple for the grass. I can imagine your family would be wild about this one!

Darnell said...

Thud!

Lisa Minckler said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I'm jumping up and down clapping like an idiot when I saw this. This is SO stinking awesome Jeanne. Love your fun and fabulous mind and the green of the apple being the hilltop...brilliant!
Incredible way to play with your food. :D Having so much fun on your blog..par usual.
hugs,
me x

Cathy Weber said...

OMG...this not only looks delicious, but packs such a visual punch! I LOVE that spooky tree, would never have though to use it to top off a great snack. This is so creative Jeanne...almost too good to mess up and eat it! Love the Lil Inker sentiment too!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne! this is SO cool - not to mention delicious looking!!! What a creative design!