Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Pool Day!

I hope you're having a sunny day! Fall is in the air here in the Midwest, so you learn to grab hold of every beautiful day you can get this time of year.
It never hurts to have a sweet escape day dream of sunny places on a cold day either. That's usually the time that us snow birds like to travel anyway!
My card starts with a newsprint background topped with a journaling card that I topped with a big blow up pool and a "Pool Day" sentiment. I added a "make a splash" die cut to one of the "o's" in "pool" for fun!
Next I added some pretty blue flowers and leaves, some flip flops and another sentiment! I mixed die cuts with stickers to complete the scene. (Stickers include the small flower, beach ball, flip flops and sentiment on bottom.) To make stickers easier to work with I apply baby powder to their backs and then adhere them with liquid glue when I'm ready with a permanent placement. The finishing touch is always a sprinkle of sequins to add a little sparkle and shine!
Soak up the sun and enjoy your day!




Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio
Paper | Hey Summer!
Journaling Card | Vitamin Sea
Dies | Poolin' Around | Summer Blooms
Stickers | Poolin' Around | Beach Bits
Sequins | Umbrella Pink

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute, Jeanne! It's getting too cool for a pool, but I'm not ready to give my flip flops up just yet!