Friday, August 26, 2022

Shine On!


Sending you smiles today with my rendition of the solar system! I had lots of fun getting inky to make this far out design.

The background is much easier than it looks - just simple Distress Ink blending, starting with spots of yellow, and then adding blue and purple. I think the splatter really gives the effect of outer space.. a simple splatter of water and some watered down white ink (I use Dr. Ph Martins bleed-proof white that you can find at Hobby Lobby). So even if you don't like your inking.. go ahead splatter it.. what have you got to loose? You'll be surprised at how cool it looks when your done.

Saturn is a simple circle die from the Waffle Flower Solar System die set. I inked the circle in pink and then dragged an orange and red ink pad across the pink circle to get the stripes.
Solar System Sentiments have lots of fun sentiments that are punny and perfect to use with this set. There's lots of possiblities too.. how about making that circle a shaker? Waffle Flower has two shaker covers that are sized to fit this - the bubble and the flat style.

Little eyes and smile are totally optional. I like them because they make me smile back!

I'm linking up at CCEE Stampers where they're looking for cards with an outer space theme! I hope you play along!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Solar System Sentiments
Dies | Waffle Flower Solar System

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Solar System
Solar System
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Solar System Sentiments
Solar System Sentiments
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So stinkin' cute, Jeanne! Love what the splatters add!!

SmilynStef said...

what an awesome card