Monday, August 22, 2022

Citrus Layered Orchids

I'm starting to feel fall coming around slowly. I keep watering the garden believing I can revive the plants, but it's their natural progression.. they've borne fruit (and seeds) for the next generation to continue and they're starting to die back. I appreciate the beauty of each season but it's hard letting go.
I love flowers all year round and believe the biggest benefit of my crafting for my well being is in making and escaping to any world I can create. I love bright happy colors, and the ability to always be surrounded by flowers.
My card starts with a Waffle Flower Dashed Rhombus background in aqua layered over a blue matt. I added draped Tropical Vines in shades of green, and Layered Orchids in contrasting citrus colors.
The florals are easy to assemble - two layers for the flower, and two for the flower center. I love the stitched detail that helps bring them to life.

I adhered all the greenery flat to the card base, and the florals are popped up with adhesive foam tape to add dimension. The sentiment is from a pre-printed die cut sheet called Essential Sentiments that's available in black, gold and silver.
Have a beautiful day and enjoy the little things.  I'm linking to Craft Rocket Challenges where they're looking for FLOWERS! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Die Cut Sheet | Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments Black
Dies | Waffle Flower Layered Orchid, Tropical Vine, Dashed Rhombus

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Layered Orchid
Layered Orchid
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Tropical Vine
Tropical Vine
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Dashed Rhombus
Dashed Rhombus
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Essential Sentiments Black
Essential Sentiments Black
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Another card sure to make the recipient's birthday a happy one!

Ellen said...

Great card, just love all the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.
groetjes, Ellen (DT)