Friday, April 16, 2021

Waffle Flower Weekly Challenge - Sew Fun!

Do you love Waffle Flower Stamps & Dies? Then you need to check this! There's a new weekly challenge! I'm the hostess every third week of the month - and my challenge begins today! This time I'm challenging you to add some sewing to a card!
I've got two awesome friends joining me this time....
Bobbie from Bobbi Hart Design - her instagram handle is bobbihartdesign
and Nancy from Artful Notions - her instagram handle is nancypenir
They've got some beautiful creations to help inspire you!
Waffle Flower has LOADS of Pinking die cuts perfect for stitching your own custom designs. I'm new to sewing on paper, but this one only took me one Saturday while DH was couch surfing. My rose was from an old sampler book I found in my stash and I stitched on a Stitchable Pinking Oval.

I wanted to add lots of stitching details and Waffle Flower makes that easy. I cut the Oval Embroidery Hoop from Wood Veneer and then cut just the screw closure with silver foil, trimmed it and adhered it to the Oval Hoop.
I layered the completed design over some A7 Lacy Layers. I like the repeated piercing and stitching detail. A sentiment from Stitched Sentiments adds even more stitching.. stamped.
I die cut a small Floss Bobbin from wood veneer with extra floss and then added some pearl head pins. A little button completes the card.
Now it's your turn! There's three ways to play.. join our link party on the blog, Facebook or Instagram!


For playing along you'll be entered to win a gift certificate to the store. I can't wait to see what you make! SEW get STITCHING ! :P XXOX




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Stitched Sentiments
Dies | Waffle flower Oval Embroidery Hoops, Stitchable Pinking Oval, Floss Bobbins, A7 Lacy Layers

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Oval Embroidery Hoops
Oval Embroidery Hoops
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Stitchable Pinking Oval
Stitchable Pinking Oval
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Stitched Sentiments
Stitched Sentiments
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Floss Bobbins
Floss Bobbins
Shop at:
WFL
A7 Lacy Layers
A7 Lacy Layers
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS


4 comments:

Bunny said...

What a lovely card, Jeanne. The colors are beautiful. Just seeing that floss reminds me of the days I used to cross stitch. Oh what fun that was. Until I was 5 rows down and figured out I had been off a few spaces. EEK! I was one of those people that just had to pull it all out until I got to the mistake and start over. [Bunny]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a feel good card and simply charming! Love the pins that you added!

Conniecrafter said...

this is just beautiful, I love that it is in a hoop already.

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutley beautiful card Jeanne, just love your stitching!