Thursday, April 15, 2021

Fusion Card Challenge - Poppies

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a new challenge you'll find another winner at Fusion Card Challenge . You'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!


Here's the challenge this time! I see a rustic scene.. a pitcher of florals on a wood table and a neutral background. The challenge is called "poppies".  I think you could spin this in lots of directions... flowers, poppies, neutrals, garden.. Not loving the inspiration photo? That's ok.. just work with the sketch.
I love flowers and when I saw the design I immediately thought of the Waffle Flower Spring Blooms. This set is really unique because you stamp (one image is the pitcher, some florals and stems - all the things you see inked in red) and then you go back over the design with stencils to ink in the flowers and leaves. I used distress ink.

There is a coordinating die cut that enables you to cut the image easily. I layered mine over a pretty lacy oval and layered it over a colorful striped background - paper from the JJ's Rainbow paper pad. The papers in the pad are a heavy weight card stock that you can fold in half to create a card base, or cut in two for two A2 size card panels.

A simple sentiment is added from the Jars Sentiment Set, and some enamel dots are added as flower center.
I used small cosmetic brushes to ink the stencil - you can find different sizes on Amazon for a more precise application of ink. Switching out the colors gives this set lots of versatility.

I hope you love flowers too because now it's your turn! Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.


I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! I cant wait to see what you make!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WFC532 Spring Blooms Combo | 271304 Jars Sentiments
Dies | Waffle Flower 420498 Lacy Ovals
Pattern Paper | Waffle Flower WFP180 JJ’s Rainbows Paper
Enamel Dots | Waffle Flower WFE-111 Enamel Dots – Botanical

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Jars Sentiments
Jars Sentiments
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Spring Blooms
Spring Blooms
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Lacy Ovals
Lacy Ovals
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Botanical
Botanical
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
JJ's Rainbows
JJ's Rainbows
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Bright and happy!

SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' that vibrant and happy card

Linda Callahan said...

A glorious burst of color!