Wednesday, October 30, 2019

SPDMIX60 - Eat Pie

Are you looking for a challenge to play? Check out this month's Mix It Up Challenge at Sugar Pea Designs!

I spy some pumpkin pie! YUM!!! Not loving the inspiration photo? That's ok! There are three ways to play! You can work with the photo, the sketch OR the color swatches! 
Here's what I made! I die cut the Large Striped Cover plate from white card stock. Next I cut the stripes from shades of orange and inlaid them into the die cut openings. I save all my card stock scraps in a 9 x13" cake pan sorted by color so it was easy to grab several different colors at one time. The pan is stored on a roll cart that slides under my work desk. 
I stamped the sentiment from Sweet as pie on the stitched oval on the panel die cut, and embellished the card with YUM! Pumpkin pie! I love the little whipped cream dollups! 
All of the images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. 
Now it's your turn! I sure hope you'll join us at the Sugar Pea Designs Mix It Up Challenge. You can always find it on the SPD blog by clicking the challenge badge in the right hand column.


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Sweet As Pie
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Sweet As Pie, Large Striped Cover Plate


Sweet As Pie
Sweet As Pie

SPD | SSS
Sweet as Pie SC
Sweet as Pie SC

SPD | SSS
Large Striped Cover Plate
Large Striped Cover Plate

SPD | SSS
Momento Tuxedo Black
Momento Tuxedo Black

SSS
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB
Copic Refills
Copic Refills

DB

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Delicious! You nailed the pumpkin color!! What Copic colors did you use? Love the stripes, too.
Thanks for sharing! :)