Wednesday, November 1, 2017

RCSFYTT - Happy Harvest!

Can you believe it's NOVEMBER? This is my favorite month of the year. I love the change of the season, but it's my favorite mostly because I have so much to be thankful for in November. I can't help but think of family and friends as we gather to celebrate another year together.

A new challenge begins today at Reverse Confetti. Every month there is a new SFYTT (Sketch For You To Try). I always play along with products that reflect the month through my eyes. Today I'm celebrating Fall, the bounty of the season, and the tradition of celebrating our blessings together.

Sketch challenges are my favorite because they take lots of the guess work out of creating.  The layout is already decided, it's just a matter of what images you'd like to work with.

I started with the acorn from Happy Harvest stamped in traditional colors. I put a spray of Wheat cut in gold behind the acorn.

I chose background papers from the Fright Night 6" pad. It has lots of traditional orange and black as well as green and aqua blue in fun prints.

I always break up prints with solids, so the setting for the acorn is a background of white and tangerine - Love Note is the large scallop die cut in white, then Class Act in tangerine fits perfectly under the Diagonal Stripe Pretty Panel in tangerine. The finishing touch is a sprinkle of gold enamel dots to repeat the gold in the Wheat Confetti Cuts.

I sure hope you'll join us for our latest challenge - it's a good excuse to break out your Reverse Confetti supplies to make a card for a friend or family, and you might just win a nice prize too! I hope I see you there! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Happy Harvest
Dies | Reverse Confetti Happy Harvest, Wheat, Class Act, Diagonal Stripe Pretty Panel, Love Note
Paper | Reverse Confetti Fright Night 6"

1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Great card and great job with the sketch.