Saturday, November 25, 2017

Challenge Me A Christmas Card - CANDLES

Is it starting to feel like Christmas is just around the corner? In a panic and looking for ideas? Michelle Lupton My Fusion Card Challenge Teamie, CAS-ual Friday's Girl Friday, and creator at Handmade By Michelle blog is having a special event! Every day she has a different challenge - Michelle makes a card, and she asks one of her crafty friends to play along too. Some of the challenges are very unique and creative so you'll want to check it out! I got an easy one! The challenge Michelle and I are both playing along with today is "CANDLES"!
I made this card using all Poppystamps dies! 
I started by die cutting a large POINTED OVAL FRAME die cut. I traced the outline on a card base and inked up everything outside the oval with Tumbled Glass distress ink . I placed three Formal Candles inside the oval, but before I adhered them I die cut a circle and used it as a mask to ink up the glow in Mustard Seed for each candle. I added more ink in Squeezed Lemonade being very careful to stay inside the pencil marked oval.
Next I added a slightly larger oval cut from gold and adhered it over the pencil drawn oval. All that was left to do was embellish the candles with pine boughs and poinsettias. 
I hope your day is Merry and Bright! As a special treat Poppystamps is sponsoring a prize on Michelle's Blog! So head on over there and leave a comment! That's how you can enter to win!! Click Here.   There's another prize on the Poppystamps blog!  Check it here!


Poppystamps Pointed Oval Frames, Formal Candles, Merry Christmas Script, Small Blooming Poinsettia, Perfect Pine Needles 

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely card Jeanne! I like the traditional feel it has!